The Manhattan Beach Open
I spent the weekend at home in Southern California and went to the Manhattan Beach Open, known as the Wimbledon of Beach Volleyball, where the finals aired live on NBC. I was fortunate to get a press pass so I split my time between the press box and down on the court.
When I was down there, I was able to get really close to the action.
What’s great about these AVP tournaments is that anyone can get up close and personal with the action on the outside courts (general admission is free). Even the marquee players play on them and the next one is the last one of the 2017 AVP Pro Tour in Chicago; it takes place at Oak Street Beach from August 31-September 3. A limited number of VIP premium seating tickets are available at AVP.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.