The Manhattan Beach Open
I spent the weekend at home in Southern California and went to the Manhattan Beach Open, known as the Wimbledon of Beach Volleyball, where the finals aired live on NBC. I was fortunate to get a press pass so I split my time between the press box and down on the court.
When I was down there, I was able to get really close to the action.
What’s great about these AVP tournaments is that anyone can get up close and personal with the action on the outside courts (general admission is free). Even the marquee players play on them and the next one is the last one of the 2017 AVP Pro Tour in Chicago; it takes place at Oak Street Beach from August 31-September 3. A limited number of VIP premium seating tickets are available at AVP.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.