If you’re on Facebook or read the gossip magazines, then you’ve no doubt seen stories about celebrities or maybe eve your friends making plans to move out of the country if their candidate loses the election. Bruce Springsteen is on record declaring that if Trump wins, he’s moving to Australia and Tommy Lee has said he’s moving to Greece.
But it turns out that historically, according to our expert, political reasons are only the third reason why someone moves out of the USA. The first two reasons are to save money or for better weather.
Our expert is Tim Leffel, who I’ve known for close to 20 years. He’s an award-winning travel writer whose stories have appeared in more than 50 publications and he is the founder of the Cheapest Destinations blog and the narrative online magazine Perceptive Travel. He’s also the author of five books including A Better Life for Half the Price and Travel Writing 2.0, both in their second editions and his new e-book is available now at Ebook is available now at CheapLivingAbroad.com; the paperback will be released mid-November. Tim grew up in Virginia but is now based in Guanajuato, Mexico and was kind enough to sit down for a 17-minute interview with me, answering my questions about living abroad, especially in Mexico since that’s the number one choice for Americans.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
-Where are the cheapest places to live in Mexico?
-Is it dangerous to live in Mexico?
-Do you need to speak Spanish?
-How much does it cost to live there?
-How much does it cost to go to dinner?
-Are there chains like Starbucks?
-Have you gotten food poisoning?
-What are the cheapest countries in the world for Americans to live in?
-How’s the healthcare?
-How are the schools?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.