Founded in 1869, the Lakeview Cemetery is a non-profit, rural-garden burial ground bordering University Circle in East Cleveland.
The grounds are six miles inland and yet boasts a stunning view of Lake Erie – hence the name. It was modeled after the Victorian cemeteries in England and France in a widespread, pasture-like fashion and designed to incorporate the area’s natural landscape with fitting sculptures and architecture.
It’s not often a grave site is also considered a “tourist destination” but the cemetery also offers guided tours on Cleveland’s history, geology, architecture, and horticulture as well as hiking trails and picnic sites.
If you have extra time: work up an appetite and visit Little Italy nearby. The street leading up to the cemetery is lined with quaint, family-owned Italian bistros. (Italian gardeners and stone cutters immigrated to Cleveland for employment specifically at the cemetery and built homes and businesses on the surrounding hills.)
Free admission, Open 365 days a year.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.