2020 is the year of the road trip and if you’re looking for the ultimate itinerary, then look no further. Dr. Randy Olson, the Chief Data Scientist at FOXO Bioscience, where he brings advanced data science and machine learning technology to the life insurance industry, has created an epic road U.S. road trip by using a combination of genetic algorithms and Google Maps.
Dr. Olson created this road trip so followers can take a picture in front of the 48 State Capitols in the contiguous United States in 8 1/2 days and only 13,310 miles (21,420 km). Olson writes on his blog, RandalOlson.com, “The best part is that this road trip is designed so that you can start anywhere on the route: As long as you follow the route from wherever you start, you’ll hit every state capitol in the 48 contiguous U.S. states, and as an added bonus, you can even add Washington, D.C. to the route without adding any extra miles.”
Here’s the full list of capitols in order:
- State House, 107 North Main Street, Concord, NH 03303
- Maine State House, Augusta, ME 04330
- Vermont State House, 115 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05633
- New York State Capitol, State St. and Washington Ave, Albany, NY 12224
- New Jersey State House, Trenton, NJ 08608
- Pennsylvania State Capitol Building, North 3rd Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120
- West Virginia State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25317
- Ohio State Capitol, 1 Capitol Square, Columbus, OH 43215
- Kentucky State Capitol Building, 700 Capitol Avenue, Frankfort, KY 40601
- Tennessee State Capitol, 600 Charlotte Avenue, Nashville, TN 37243
- Indiana State Capitol, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Michigan State Capitol, Lansing, MI 48933
- Illinois State Capitol, Springfield, IL 62756
- 2 E Main St, Madison, WI 53703
- Minnesota State Capitol, St Paul, MN 55155
- 500 E Capitol Ave, Pierre, SD 57501
- North Dakota State Capitol, Bismarck, ND 58501
- Montana State Capitol, 1301 E 6th Ave, Helena, MT 59601
- Washington State Capitol Bldg, 416 Sid Snyder Ave SW, Olympia, WA 98504
- Oregon State Capitol, 900 Court St NE, Salem, OR 97301
- L St & 10th St, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Nevada State Capitol, Carson City, NV 89701
- 700 W Jefferson St, Boise, ID 83720
- Utah State Capitol, Salt Lake City, UT 84103
- Wyoming State Capitol, Cheyenne, WY 82001
- 200 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80203
- New Mexico State Capitol, Santa Fe, NM 87501
- Arizona State Capitol, 1700 W Washington St, Phoenix, AZ 85007
- Texas Capitol, 1100 Congress Avenue, Austin, TX 78701
- Oklahoma State Capitol, Oklahoma City, OK 73105
- 300 SW 10th Ave, Topeka, KS 66612
- Nebraska State Capitol, 1445 K Street, Lincoln, NE 68509
- Iowa State Capitol, 1007 E Grand Ave, Des Moines, IA 50319
- Missouri State Capitol, Jefferson City, MO 65101
- Arkansas State Capitol, 500 Woodlane Street, Little Rock, AR 72201
- 400-498 N West St, Jackson, MS 39201
- Louisiana State Capitol, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- 402 S Monroe St, Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Alabama State Capitol, 600 Dexter Avenue, Montgomery, AL 36130
- Georgia State Capitol, Atlanta, GA 30334
- South Carolina State House, 1100 Gervais Street, Columbia, SC 29201
- North Carolina State Capitol, Raleigh, NC 27601
- Virginia State Capitol, Richmond, VA 23219
- Maryland State House, 100 State Cir, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Legislative Hall: The State Capitol, Legislative Avenue, Dover, DE 19901
- Connecticut State Capitol, 210 Capitol Ave, Hartford, CT 06106
- Rhode Island State House, 82 Smith Street, Providence, RI 02903
- Massachusetts State House, Boston, MA 02108Here are the Google Maps for the road trip:     
Randy also created shorter road trips like this one, which will take you to 10 U.S. state capitols in 24 hours. This one is very enticing and doable. Check it out here.
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.