Happy New Year! What a 2012 I’m having so far. If you are following me on Facebook or Twitter, then you know that on January 1st my first TV show aired on the Travel Channel and has received rave reviews!
If that wasn’t enough excitement for the New Year, the following night I popped the question to my then-girlfriend Natalie. She said “yes” but to be honest, I didn’t think she would say no since the set up was so incredible. I got a lot of help from my PR friend Kerry Morrissey (who actually introduced us five years ago) and the Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Florida.
For starters, they put us up in the Presidential Suite – it was the same room Morgan Freeman stayed in while filming The Dolphin Tale (FYI: The Clearwater Aquarium is practically within walking distance to the hotel so we visited Winter, the dolphin).
Since the last couple days have been so cold in Florida, we couldn’t have the romantic dinner on the beach so we had it in one of the hotel’s private beach bungalow suites. There were candles everywhere, pink rose petals and soft music. I handpicked the menu with all of Natalie’s favorite dishes like sushi, shrimp cocktail, salad, scallops and when the signature Valrhona chocolate cake for two arrived, it was time for me to get on my knees.
It was quite the start for 2012 and I hope it’s just the beginning of a great year to come. As you can see, I’ve redesigned the website. Now, one of the great things you can do is comment on each story! We want to hear from you — what you like, what you want to know more about, and please let me know what you think of the new site by commenting at the bottom of this post!
For those who are fans of the travel portal, don’t worry! It’s still here. It’s just better organized and easier to use. All the links are still there, but you’ll find it’s much more streamlined so you can find what you’re looking for easier.
Enjoy exploring the new site – I can’t wait to hear what you think! The newsletter redesign will be next! I’m planning to start sending a daily newsletter with just a brief potluck of travel nuggets – it could be a deal of the day, website you need to know about, travel app, travel news, or tip. Stay tuned! I hope you like it and will spread the good word.
And in case you missed my show “Hot Spots 2012”, the Travel Channel is going to air it again this Sunday (Jan 7th) at 7pm EST (check your local listings) and then again the following Saturday (Jan 14th) at 4pm EST.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.