Can you believe there are only 46 days left to Christmas? That means it’s time to start thinking about Christmas gifts! I usually shop throughout the year when I travel, but I know most people are just starting to think about their holiday shopping since Halloween is over. Almost all of the stores have their holiday sections up—which I personally think is a little early—but I’ve come to accept it. If you’re looking for a great stocking-stuffer, then a Page-A-Day Calendar is always a safe bet.
In fact, my sister Georgette gave me a horoscope calendar when I was 20-years old that’s partly the reason I travel the world. It’s a long story, but I used to be afraid to fly and at times leave my house in Connecticut. Then one morning my friend’s mom called to say she had an extra ticket to fly to Tucson, Arizona, since her eldest son had backed out of going to his brother’s family day at an alcohol rehab facility. Since I didn’t drink (still don’t), she thought I would be a great example, and back then you could fly under someone else’s name. When the call came in, I told myself that if my horoscope calendar said something good, I would give it a shot. Sure enough it read “You will travel somewhere exotic today.” My heart almost stopped since it had never said anything like that before. I got on the plane and my fear of flying was over.
There are all kinds of Page-A-Day Calendars out there but some of the travel ones in particular are great—like the “1,000 Places to See Before You Die Page-A-Day Calendar” or “Signspotting” (funny signs from around the world), calendars that help you learn a new language like “365 French Words-A-Year,” destination calendars like “A Year in Italy,” or ones that will help you fantasize like “365 Days of Islands.”
No matter what you fancy, there’s something for every traveler and most cost under $10. What’s your favorite calendar?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.