by world traveler and geek boy early adopter, JD Andrews, aka earthXplorer:
1. TripIt – Available on iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry & Windows Phone 7
My number one, all time, ‘gotta have it’ travel app is TripIt! The greatest thing about this app is you don’t have to input any information. Simply forward your airline, rental car, or hotel e-mail receipt to: email@example.com and BOOM, like magic it is all in there, online, in the app, and everywhere you need it. With auto-sharing you can add family, friends and even business contacts. They can automatically access your trip details and you can access theirs. If you download the free version, use it and don’t love it, I’ll refund your money. ;)
- TripIt Free (free)
- Free 30 day trial – TripIt Pro ($49/year)
- TripIt for Buisness (plans start at $29/month)
- Tripit on Twitter
2. Packing Pro (+To Do) $.99 – Available on iPhone & iPad
So I decided instead of searching for my hand written checklist it was time to go digital. Hello, Packing Pro! I downloaded it to my iPhone and iPad and I’ll never forget to pack anything ever again! (I hope) Create unlimited, customizable packing lists from over 800 items, providing peace of mind while getting ready for that important trip. Select from hundreds of items using the extensive pre-departure ‘to do lists’ with over 100 reminders. And with the handy dandy auto-save feature, I don’t worry about losing my info. The Pro-Level was just recently upgraded to use iCloud support with auto-sync, which is very cool! So when you update one device the other is automatically updated as well! Now where did I put my iPhone?
3. Camera+ – (on sale for limited time) $ .99 – Available on iPhone
If you could only get one camera app for your iPhone, Camera+ would be it! It has everything you need to take, edit and post your photos. It’s packed full of goodies including: a stabilizer, timer and burst mode, to take that perfect pic! When it’s time to edit, you’ll have tons of filters, borders and tools to choose from – then after a few more clicks, your masterpiece can be shared on Twitter, Facebook or Flickr. You’ll be amazed how much better your photos look and your friends and family will thank you! :)
About the Author: JD Andrews (“earthXplorer”) has spent more than 20 years traveling around the globe (83 countries across all 7 continents – but who’s counting…), shooting and editing travel/tourism videos for various cruise lines, airlines, and tourist boards. Visit his website and follow him on Twitter.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.