by world traveler and geek boy early adopter, JD Andrews, aka earthXplorer:
1. TripIt – Available on iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry & Windows Phone 7
My number one, all-time, ‘gotta have it’ travel app is TripIt! The greatest thing about this app is you don’t have to input any information. Simply forward your airline, rental car, or hotel e-mail receipt to: email@example.com and BOOM, like magic it is all in there, online, in the app, and everywhere you need it. With auto-sharing you can add family, friends, and even business contacts. They can automatically access your trip details and you can access theirs. If you download the free version, use it, and don’t love it, I’ll refund your money. ;)
- TripIt Free (free)
- Free 30 day trial – TripIt Pro ($49/year)
- TripIt for Buisness (plans start at $29/month)
- Tripit on Twitter
2. Packing Pro (+To Do) $.99 – Available on iPhone & iPad
Have you ever gone on a trip and forgot something? Come on…sure you have, we all have and it sucks! After that, we all try to write down what we need and make lists and they get lost or torn up….
So I decided instead of searching for my handwritten checklist it was time to go digital. Hello, Packing Pro! I downloaded it to my iPhone and iPad and I’ll never forget to pack anything ever again! (I hope) Create unlimited, customizable packing lists from over 800 items, providing peace of mind while getting ready for that important trip. Select from hundreds of items using the extensive pre-departure ‘to do lists’ with over 100 reminders. And with the handy dandy auto-save feature, I don’t worry about losing my info. The Pro-Level was just recently upgraded to use iCloud support with auto-sync, which is very cool! So when you update one device the other is automatically updated as well! Now where did I put my iPhone?
3. Camera+ – (on sale for limited time) $ .99 – Available on iPhone
If you could only get one camera app for your iPhone, Camera+ would be it! It has everything you need to take, edit, and post your photos. It’s packed full of goodies including a stabilizer, timer, and burst mode, to take that perfect pic! When it’s time to edit, you’ll have tons of filters, borders, and tools to choose from – then after a few more clicks, your masterpiece can be shared on Twitter, Facebook, or Flickr. You’ll be amazed at how much better your photos look and your friends and family will thank you! :)
About the Author: JD Andrews (“earthXplorer”) has spent more than 20 years traveling around the globe (83 countries across all 7 continents – but who’s counting…), shooting and editing travel/tourism videos for various cruise lines, airlines, and tourist boards. Visit his website and follow him on Twitter.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.