This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Even before Covid-19, I was one of those people who never left home without hand sanitizer and traveled with antibacterial wipes to clean my seat, tray table, seatback pocket, arm rest, in-flight entertainment screen, window shade … you get the idea. So now that the need for a clean personal space when you travel has been amplified, I’m open to any ideas for ways to stay safe and clean when I travel.
The Safe Travels Kit is an awesome addition to your travel bag. Inside the slim and compact kit is an adjustable, antimicrobial and hypoallergenic seat cover (fits economy and business class seats), an antimicrobial and hypoallergenic pillowcase, 10 antibacterial wipes and a face mask.
The seat cover is not only designed to fit on airplane seats but in cars and on trains as well. It slips on easily and will not disturb the screen of the person behind you on an airplane. The cover is soft and comfortable and will give you peace of mind when you sit down. Every time I travel, I always have to put certain thoughts out of my mind about how clean or dirty the seat is but with a seat cover and pillow cover, you can feel more confident and comfortable. The fabric is waterproof, washable and reusable (it’s recommended you wash on warm and air dry) and according to the website, has been proven to be effective against bed bugs as well.
I’m a very streamlined packer so one of the drawbacks of a lot of travel gadgets and accessories is that they’re just too bulky to fit into my already burgeoning bag. But the Safe Travels Kit is extremely slim and lightweight and very easy to slip into my carry-on bag without taking up much room or adding any weight worth noting.
Throwing a Safe Travels Kit into your bag when you travel is a no-brainer for me and makes a great gift for the traveler on your shopping list. I especially love the idea of using these with my kids who are constantly touching everything and then touching their faces because …. that’s what kids do. You can purchase the full kit on the Safe Travels Kit website or just the seat cover alone on Amazon. Good to know: Safe Travels has partnered with Team Trees and a tree will be planted for every kit purchased in an effort to compensate for the inevitable carbon emission by aircraft.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.