One of the most frustrating things for traveler are lines – especially at the airport. It seems like there are lines everywhere, from check-in and luggage drop off to security, boarding, even to get something to eat or drink. Well, there’s a bit of good news for Starbucks lovers: Starbucks has just added mobile ordering at 230 licensed stores at 70 U.S. airports, including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Orlando and Seattle.
USA Today notes, “Starbucks mobile ordering is ubiquitous, with one in four transactions placed via its free app, according to company sales figures. But order ahead hasn’t been an option at airport Starbuck locations because they are licensed, not company-owned locations, and other parties are involved in decisions about the store offerings. The airport locations are operated by concessionaires.”
Thankfully, that’s all changed. Now, all travelers have to do to find out if their airport offers the service is click ‘order’ on the Starbucks mobile app and search for locations. “A keyword to look for if you want to enjoy your coffee after you’ve cleared security is “airside” locations. Next to the location, click on the “i” for information about the store, including whether it has mobile ordering. Hours vary by airport and location.”
For those of you who love your Starbucks (I’m not one of you but my wife is; she’s not a coffee drinker but loves an English Breakfast tea any time of day!), you’re sure to appreciate this service because Starbucks lines at airports are notoriously long and oftentimes, passengers just don’t have the time to stand in line and wait for their order. So, the next time you want to skip the line, whip out your phone and order your food and drink from Starbucks online so you can do something more productive than standing in yet another long line and aimlessly scrolling on your phone.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.