Things to know before you hit the pool in Las Vegas:
With spring upon us and summer right around the corner there’s no better place to beat the heat than fabulous Las Vegas. Just about every hotel and casino on and off the strip boasts a pool. But there are a few important things you need to keep in mind before booking your trip to Sin City.
Here are my top five tips on how to make your Las Vegas pool experience a winning bet:
#5 – No pool hopping allowed.
Are you planning on sun bathing at Mandalay Bay, lunch poolside at the Venetian, then cocktails all afternoon at the Bellagio’s Cypress Pool? Not so fast. In Las Vegas you get to swim for free at the hotel pool where you stay.
Pool privileges are a built in amenity of hotel room rates. Hotels on the strip often have attendants checking room keys at all points of entry. So consider the pool scene before you book a room.
#4 – Want to party? Hit up a Day Club.
Many hotels on the strip have become famous for their day club pools. These are pools that unlike the primary hotel pool are open to the public for a fee. This is where the party can be found all day long in Las Vegas.
If you’re looking for the party of your life check out Sunday’s Rehab at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. This is the bad mama jama of them all, attracting thousands of people – many of whom are smokin’ hot ladies. Make sure to read the fine print before purchasing tickets. Some day clubs are strictly 21 and up.
#3 – Las Vegas Loves the Ladies.
If you’re a female or better yet a group of girls looking to hit up the pool party scene – you’re in luck! Tickets to the day clubs are generally cheaper for women and in some cases ladies can get in for free. Like nightclubs, managers want their party packed with hotties. So ladies, ditch the flip-flops and muumuu, throw on your best bikini, and you just might get ushered to the VIP section for free.
#2 – Top Optional.
No shirt, no shoes, no problem! The topless pool trend is alive and well in Las Vegas. Remember these are day clubs, not the main hotel pools, that allow ladies to roam topless. Not all day clubs are topless, so you need to ask in advance before you start strutting your stuff around the jacuzzi.
Entrance fees apply. Men can expect to shell out upwards of fifty bucks depending on the club. Ladies, if you feel like showing off, the best top optional pools in Vegas are Moorea Beach Club at Mandalay Bay and The Mirage’s Bare.
#1 – Family friendly pools do exist.
So head-pounding Swedish house techno isn’t what you had in mind? Maybe you’re looking for a pool where you can take the kids and just relax? Believe it or not family friendly pools do exists in Las Vegas. Take for example the Stratosphere Hotel and Casino’s Level 8 Pool, which often has great drink specials for the parents and poolside games like ping pong to entertain the kids. I’d also recommend The Tank at the Golden Nugget. Adventurous kids will get a kick out of the see-through water slide surrounded by sharks!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.