In Dallas this week, I was watching the local weather when they said there was a possibility of tornados in the area. So, one of my friends from Texas recommended I download the tornado app that he said most Texas locals download: Tornado, from the American Red Cross. It’s free for iOS and Android. As written in the app description, it’s “the complete solution you need to understand and prepare for a tornado and all that comes with it. With interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to be ready!”
- English and Spanish
- Audible siren when NOAA issues a tornado warning for any of your monitored locations letting you know when it’s time to go to your safe room plus an all-clear alert when the warning expires (Note: Alerts’ sounds will NOT override if phone is on vibrate or in sleep mode)
- Customizable alerting and push notification options
- Easy to view alert feed with the ability to remove alerts
- Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down
- Prioritized actions for before, during, and after requires no mobile connectivity
- Help distant friends and family in tornado alley with ability to receive tornado watch and warning alerts based on their location from NOAA
- Map with open Red Cross shelters and other weather-related layers.
- Be ready should a tornado hit by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation
- Reduce your household’s stress and anxiety should a tornado hit by learning to make and practice an emergency plan
- Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your tornado knowledge
- Know the difference between a watch and a warning
- Learn how to deal with food and water impacted by floods and power outages
- Simply let friends/family know you’re safe with customizable “I’m Safe” notification sharable thru social media, text and email
- Let others know where you are with the Toolkit’s strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.