Last year, I wrote about the first version of Allianz Global Assistance‘s free TravelSmart app, which includes helpful features like a list of emergency numbers in other countries (i.e. police, fire department and ambulance by destination), a medication dictionary to find international names for common drugs and emergency resources.
Now, the guys at Allianz have released TravelSmart version 2, which gives the international traveler finger-tip access to useful emergency information, real-time flight status, policy information, and more on travels across the world.
TravelSmart version 2 includes even more helpful resources. The new additions to the app include easier access to your policy information from Allianz Global, a TravelSmart Hotline that connects users to experts who answer questions, an improved user interface, and a flight status tracker updated in real-time that lets users check their flights, boarding gates, etc.
TravelSmart, like before, is free to download and use. Download links and more information can be found on the app homepage here. It can also be found for iOs in the App Store, and (as of October 13, 2016) the Google Play store.
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.