I’m embarrassed that I’ve never featured HotelTonight as a “Travel App of the Week.” I thought I had, but I recently realized that I’d only made it Travel Website of the Week back in 2011 when they launched—which was before I had a Travel App of the Week column. The timing actually ends up working out well because one of the world’s most popular travel apps—which HotelTonight undoubtedly is—just got more interesting in the last few weeks.
Until recently, HotelTonight was a tool that hotels used to sell off very last-minute (9 am on the same day), unused inventory that otherwise would go empty. They then launched “Look Ahead,” a feature that gives customers a snapshot of last-minute room rates, savings and hotel availability for the week ahead.
Now, HotelTonight’s latest relaunch “enables customers to book hotel rooms up to seven days in advance, and includes many notable new features and a revamped design.” Last-minute rate drops are still available, and now for the full week ahead before you need a hotel. HotelTonight is also now available in over 500 destinations across the world.
HotelTonight is available for free on iOS, Android and Windows devices, and right now HotelTonight is kind enough to offer $25 off for first-time bookers with their award-winning app. Download the app here, and then use the promo code jjet.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.