I’m embarrassed that I’ve never featured HotelTonight as a “Travel App of the Week.” I thought I had, but I recently realized that I’d only made it Travel Website of the Week back in 2011 when they launched—which was before I had a Travel App of the Week column. The timing actually ends up working out well because one of the world’s most popular travel apps—which HotelTonight undoubtedly is—just got more interesting in the last few weeks.
Until recently, HotelTonight was a tool that hotels used to sell off very last-minute (9 am on the same day), unused inventory that otherwise would go empty. They then launched “Look Ahead,” a feature that gives customers a snapshot of last-minute room rates, savings and hotel availability for the week ahead.
Now, HotelTonight’s latest relaunch “enables customers to book hotel rooms up to seven days in advance, and includes many notable new features and a revamped design.” Last-minute rate drops are still available, and now for the full week ahead before you need a hotel. HotelTonight is also now available in over 500 destinations across the world.
HotelTonight is available for free on iOS, Android and Windows devices, and right now HotelTonight is kind enough to offer $25 off for first-time bookers with their award-winning app. Download the app here, and then use the promo code jjet.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.