“The Top Hundred Countries – And Why You Should Visit Them” by Graeme Philipson is the first travel book that rates all major destinations in the world according to key criteria important to the traveler. Philipson is an Australian technology journalist and market researcher who has traveled the world extensively for business and pleasure for 40 years. Now he’s a travel writer. He says the idea for the book came to him from the many ratings systems he devised as a market analyst, in fields as diverse as energy efficiency, local government and the hospitality industry.
The book is written for the global market in international (i.e. American) English. Its 380 pages contain detailed tables on each of the top 100 countries, based on the rating system he has devised. The rankings are based on ten criteria:
- Popularity (tourists per year)
- Number of things to see and do
- Tourist friendliness
- Value for money
- Number of World Heritage Properties
- Safety and security
- Quality of the health system
- Quality of the environment
- Corruption level
- Personal and economic freedom
It’s Graeme Philipson’s first travel book. He has also written the definitive history of the Australian computer industry, and has published a book of his original poetry.
“My work as a market analyst has made me appreciate the value of quantitative data,” he says. “And my career as a journalist has taken me all over the world. Travel is my passion. Now it’s all come together in this innovative book. And I got the great domain name whygowhere.com.”
Grab it: Grab “The Top Hundred Countries – And Why You Should Visit Them” by Graeme Philipson on Amazon as a Kindle e-book for $6.99 or in print for $24.99.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.