Lexie Alford (lexielimitless)
Lexie Alford (lexielimitless), a 21-year-old from Nevada City, California, just broke the Guinness World Record for the youngest person to travel to every country by over three years (the previous record-holder was 24). The last of her 196 sovereign countries was North Korea, which she made it to on May 31 (my birthday!).
Lexie writes on her blog that she’s “been traveling for as long as I can remember with my family who started a travel agency.” By the time she graduated from high school (two years early) and received an Associates degree from a local college, she had traveled to 72 countries. She decided to break the record to inspire the people around her, especially young women. She was determined to show everyone that the world isn’t as scary as the media portrays it to be and that there’s kindness everywhere.
Her journey began as the child of travel agents who wanted her to see the world. More recently, she says, her travels have been self-funded. She says she has utilized points and miles for her flights and stayed in cheap accommodations like hostels, sometimes even creating content for hotels in exchange for accommodation.
You can see Lexie’s feat in photos on her Instagram account, where she has 78,000 followers. For even more, here’s a story Forbes did on Lexie.
View this post on Instagram
OFFICIALLY TRAVELED TO EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD🌍🤯 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ it’s crazy to have years of hard work culminate into one single moment. I’m so grateful to everyone that’s helped me get here. The greatest chapter of my life is coming to a close. Cheers to a new beginning 🎉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Photos by @thomasbrag
Like this feature? Check out past Travel Instagrammer of the Week posts!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.