Josh Gates (gatesygram)
If you don’t know Josh Gates, then you don’t watch the Travel channel or Syfy, where he hosts hit TV series. Expedition Unknown is currently in its second season on Travel, and Syfy has reruns all the time of his former show Destination Truth. Josh is an amazing guy and not only fun to hang out with in person but on Instagram, as well. He’s traveled to over 100 countries and is constantly exploring the globe.
Related: Travel Style: Josh Gates
Last week, my team and I traveled from the Siberian city of Yakutsk to a Russian frontier town a few hundred miles above the Arctic circle. To get there, we flew aboard a 40+ year old Antonov AN-26 cargo plane. It was fascinating, and kind of terrifying. Today, we flew back. The flight attendant, Monika, not only remembered my name, but looked me up online and discovered it was my birthday. She and her staff had a friend bake a cake in Yakutsk, flew it north, and presented it to me on the return flight. On a day when I was feeling very far from my family and friends, I was bowled over by this incredible gesture. Thank you to @monik_melnik_ and the staff of Polar Air. People talk about a new Cold War between the U.S. and Russia. Well, today, relations have never felt warmer. Spasiba!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.