Prince Charles and Clarence House (clarencehouse)
I was fortunate to meet Prince Charles one chilly November night in London. A picture from the meeting is included in my celebrity photo gallery, which you can check out here, and the full backstory can be found here. But the short story is this: I was at an event, and Prince Charles walked right toward me! I didn’t know what to do so I just stuck out my hand. He looked at it for a second (it was awkward), and as the second passed I was thinking that I’d just committed a huge faux paux.
But then he shook my hand and asked me something. I don’t remember what his question was, but whatever I said to him back must have been good because a paparazzi later asked me what I’d said to make him laugh. I had no idea. I still don’t. I was just thinking that I couldn’t believe I’d just met the Prince. Anyway, the following day I spotted the back of my head in the papers. I can’t find one of us shaking hands and talking, but I know it’s out there, since thousands—and I mean thousands—of flashes were going off in the moment.
Fast-forward to today: According to Lonely Planet, Prince Charles recently shared his first-ever personal statement on Instagram (see the embedded post below) as he set off on his 10th official visit to India. The Clarence House Instagram account (clarencehouse) on which he shared the statement has close to a million followers and has been up for a while. Many of the pics shared on it are of the Prince’s travels. If you’re wondering what it’s like to travel like royalty, give him a follow!
View this post on Instagram
As I depart for India, on my tenth official visit, I did just want to convey my warmest best wishes to all of you in the Sikh Community in the United Kingdom, and across the Commonwealth, on the 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The principles on which Guru Nanak founded the Sikh religion, and which guide your lives to this day, are ones which can inspire us all – hard work, fairness, respect, and selfless service to others. In embodying these values, Sikhs have made the most profound contribution to the life of this country, and continue to do so, in every imaginable field, just as you do in so many other places around the world. This week, as Sikhs everywhere honour the founder of your faith, my wife and I wanted you to know just how much your community is valued and admired by us all, and that our thoughts are with you at this very special time. . – HRH The Prince of Wales #RoyalVisitIndia #Gurupurab550
- Travel Instagrammer of the Week: Ralph Hogenbirk
- Travel Instagrammer of the Week: Mint Tin Adventures
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.