Rius Vernandes (rius.vernandes)
Rius Vernandes is an Indonesian travel blogger/influencer with more than 139,000 followers on Instagram (rius.vernandes). He posts on his travels aboard the world’s biggest airlines, but he’s currently in the news for another reason. According to the South China Morning Post, Indonesian airline Garuda Indonesia is suing Rius over a social media. That post, the story says, featured a “handwritten business-class menu” he received in flight.
As the story notes, Rius “posted an Instagram video showing the menu written on a piece of notebook paper on Saturday with the caption: ‘The menu is still being printed, sir.’ The post went viral and prompted Indonesian social media users to mock the airline.” Rius then posted that he had received “a summons from the police in connection with the post,” and police confirmed that Garuda had brought a defamation case against him.
Later, the airline confirmed that the handwritten menu was handed to Rius on the flight. But, Garuda says, the note “was made by a cabin crew member for personal use and not intended to be handed out to passengers.” For his part, Rius expressed surprise at the development. “We’ve been reported for defamation.,” he wrote on Instagram. “I’m sure you know I had no intention whatsoever to defame anyone.”
If you want to follow the story, give Rius a follow on Instagram.
More travel Instagrammers
- Jess Dales
- Jessica Nabongo
- Mikah Meyer
- Lexie Alford
- Javier Rodriguez, Winner of the “Best Internship Ever”
- Mary Kalymnou
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.