If you’re looking for inspiration to travel the world—especially with a little one by your side—then check out Vagabond3, run by my friend Jade. She takes amazing photos and travels the world with her husband Bobby and their daughter Augustine (hence the name Vagabond3). In 2009, a Twitter contest propelled them on their first around-the-world trip and seven years later they are still traveling. As Jade writes on her blog: “We never miss an opportunity to snap a sunset shot, taste-test tacos or hike a mountain. We’ve embarked on a lifetime of adventures and we want you to join the fun.”
While some people hate thunder storms, I love them. I love snuggling up under covers as the rain comes down, I love sipping a hot chocolate as the lighting lights up the sky, and I love the sound of thunder. But even more than all of that, I love after the storm has passed and the clouds open up the beautiful blue skies, with a mist in the air and the most gorgeous sunsets. @VisitKnoxville was showing off tonight, and even though the rain meant my late afternoon mountain bike ride had to be postponed, it also meant I had more time for exploring areas I might not have gotten to on this trip. Fort Dickerson Quarry was one such place that wasn’t on my itinerary per se, and yet I’m so happy we were able to explore the area. With a mix of Civil War history, outdoor adventure (anyone up for an afternoon swim?!) and jaw dropping beauty, this unassuming spot is located right over the river from downtown and the football stadium. This was one of those pinch me moments – of which I’ve had many so far in Knoxville. Can’t wait to show you more of my trip!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.