Kate Weiland (kweilz)
I recently read a Business Insider story called “Influencers are fighting for attention as Instagram tests removing likes from its platform: ‘There’s no audience applause at the end of a performance.’” It’s an interesting read. If you haven’t heard (read the story if you haven’t), Instagram has started removing the “like” feature from posts. Back in July, specifically, the company initially began on users in seven countries (U.S. is not one of them).
I think a large-scale removal will eventually happen, and I actually like (no pun intended) the idea. As written in the story, the “like” feature “will help to reduce its associated impacts on mental health and societal pressure. The ‘like’ feature won’t be hidden completely; users can see the number of likes on their own posts, but not on others’ pictures and videos.”
In the BI story, the writer asks a number of Instagrammers for their thoughts on the idea. One of the Instagrammers featured is Kate Weiland (kweilz), a Canadian influencer. I’d never heard of Kate before reading the story, but I love her Instagram. She has three kids, and on Instagram she’s “known for matching family outfits.” And that might be putting it lightly. Plus, it appears her family travels quite a bit. If you’re looking for some family travel inspiration—and a bit of fun—follow Kate on Instagram. She has close to 350,000 followers!
More travel Instagrammers
- Mint Tin Adventures
- Trip of a Lifestyle
- Ronald Rael, Artist at the U.S.-Mexico Border
- Jessica Nabongo
- Mikah Meyer
- Lexie Alford
View this post on Instagram
You can sip with us 🥤☆ Thank you so much to everyone who wrote such kind words after sharing that we had had a theft（╹◡╹） When all was said and done, Nate and I agreed that it would be best to report it for the mere fact that we didn’t want it to occur to anyone else in the neighbourhood – I struggled with doing even that – but I’m still keeping and working on my inner peace and forgiveness. Speaking of forgiveness, I decided I wanted to bring back a pic we started a long time ago. To be honest, the concept had been duplicated so many times with and without credit that it didn’t really feel like it was ours anymore. But getting back into the chairs sure felt great and I’m definitely happy to admit I’ve let go of the sour vibes I was carrying around with me every time I saw it being replicated. Maybe we’ll keep the series going a bit longer just for fun 🤷🏼♀️ also #hellofrom Canada 👋🏻 White #matching suits from the @Gap (which I tie-dyed in PS) #familymatching #matchymatchy #momentsinmotherhood #mommyandme #nothingisordinary #thisweekoninstagram #familyfirst #familyovereverything #familyonchairs #lovethem #uniteinmotherhood #vscomom #thatsdarling #matchingfamily #familyoffive #yyc #canadians
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.