Kate Weiland (kweilz)
I recently read a Business Insider story called “Influencers are fighting for attention as Instagram tests removing likes from its platform: ‘There’s no audience applause at the end of a performance.’” It’s an interesting read. If you haven’t heard (read the story if you haven’t), Instagram has started removing the “like” feature from posts. Back in July, specifically, the company initially began on users in seven countries (U.S. is not one of them).
I think a large-scale removal will eventually happen, and I actually like (no pun intended) the idea. As written in the story, the “like” feature “will help to reduce its associated impacts on mental health and societal pressure. The ‘like’ feature won’t be hidden completely; users can see the number of likes on their own posts, but not on others’ pictures and videos.”
In the BI story, the writer asks a number of Instagrammers for their thoughts on the idea. One of the Instagrammers featured is Kate Weiland (kweilz), a Canadian influencer. I’d never heard of Kate before reading the story, but I love her Instagram. She has three kids, and on Instagram she’s “known for matching family outfits.” And that might be putting it lightly. Plus, it appears her family travels quite a bit. If you’re looking for some family travel inspiration—and a bit of fun—follow Kate on Instagram. She has close to 350,000 followers!
More travel Instagrammers
- Mint Tin Adventures
- Trip of a Lifestyle
- Ronald Rael, Artist at the U.S.-Mexico Border
- Jessica Nabongo
- Mikah Meyer
- Lexie Alford
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.