This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Planning to take a road trip this summer? We’ve written a lot of tips about road trips that will help you better plan yours, like these 9 ways to save money on gas, these two great things to always keep in the car, how to prevent road trip theft and the best credit cards with roadside assistance protection benefits.
Here’s another tip for you: Whether you’re taking a long road trip or just driving around locally, it’s a great idea to have a windshield sunshade in your car. We’ve all gotten in the car on a hot day and it’s so hot, you can barely sit in the seat or touch the steering wheel. The Magnelex Car Windshield Sunshade can help and fits most sedans and mid-size SUVs. It’s made from a reflective polyester material that blocks heat and sun, keeping your vehicle cool and protected from sun damage.
It comes with a storage bag for the sunshade so you can easily stow it when not in use and also comes with a steering wheel cover that will prevent it from getting so hot you burn your hands. It also protects your steering wheel’s material from fading and cracking.
A sunshade like this doesn’t just protect your car from sun and heat but also offers a bit of privacy protection, too. We recently wrote about how to prevent smash and grabs, a disturbing type of crime that’s on the rise, from ruining your vacation and keeping the contents of your car hidden is one way. Check out the rest of our smash and grab prevention tips here and check out these other ways to protect your belongings on a road trip. Buy the Magnelex Car Windshield Sunshade here on Amazon.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.