Ever since I found out I had a squamous cell carcinoma (skin cancer) on my lip, I’ve completely changed the way I spend time in the sun. I no longer play volleyball or hang out with my friends on the beach during peak hours unless I’m completely covered and/or under an umbrella.
I’ve also replaced my baseball caps and visors with a huge array of large-brimmed hats. My newest and possibly greatest is this Island Bum Nautical Lifeguard Straw Hat. It’s similar to the hats you see gardeners wear in third-world tropical countries except that Island Bum’s hats are luxurious.
These hats are well-made compared to other straw hats. They’re not flimsy and they won’t unravel after getting wet or being worn just a few times. Island Bum’s straw hats hold up quite well thanks to the swank bottom brim that has a cool travel vibe. My only critique is that I wish they were easier to travel with.
The company is based out of North Palm Beach, Florida, and they charge $28 for a hat plus and extra $10 for shipping (the box is 16″ x 16″ x 10″).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.