Airlines around the world have been cracking down on the weight of checked luggage for a while now, and if you think that’s bad, I will tell you that many destinations I travel to are cracking down on the weight of carry-on bags as well. For example: Just this week I was flying from Milan to Paris and the agent told the customers next to me that their bags were over the 26-pound (12-kilogram) limit, so the ladies spent several minutes holding up the line as they tried to shuffle magazines from one bag to another.
It’s only a matter of time before major American airlines start doing the same (a few, like United as I wrote here, already have). Instead of being surprised at how much your bag weighs, think about getting a Tarriss Jetsetter Digital Luggage Scale. I only learned about this scale this week as they took an ad out in my Daily Travel Tip newsletter (sign up here)—but their product looks so good I thought I’d make it the Travel Product of the Week as well!
What I like about this scale is that it’s compact and lightweight (so it doesn’t take up a lot of room), it has an easy-to-read LCD display, an auto shutoff (in case you forget to turn it off), a long-life lithium battery, the ability to weigh up to 110 lbs (50 kgs) with precision accuracy ±0.2 lbs (0.1 kgs), and it has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and lifetime warranty. Basically, it comes down to this: If you use this scale before going to the airport, you’ll never have to pay unexpected overweight baggage fees again!
Right now, they’re selling them on Amazon for $19.97 which is $20 less than the listed price. Click here to grab one!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.