Last month I wrote in my weekly newsletter about how I was touched by the executives at Tilley Endurables for sending me a hat after they read that I had developed squamous cell carcinoma on my lower lip. Well, it turns out they weren’t the only company to send me a hat.
In fact, Wallaroo Hat Company sent me two (one is pictured above). I’ve been a big fan of Tilley for years but I hadn’t heard about Wallaroo until the hats arrived at my door—and I must say I’m quite impressed. I think they’re more stylish than Tilley hats, but I’m not sure if they’re as rugged. Either way you’ll for sure be seeing me wear both hats in the future as they offer sun protection with UPF 50+ and are made of crushable fabric. Wallaroo has been around since 1999 and the company is based in Boulder, Colorado. The company was a “Best of Denver” award by Westword magazine and was listed as a top women-owned business in the Daily Camera.
In the photo above I’m wearing a Jamison (color: Natural) from their 2015 collection. The description reads, “On the trail or on the town, this modern fedora sun hat will take you there with class. It’s been dressed up with a brown suede band and added a wide 3″ brim for all-around sun protection. A thin wire lets you make subtle adjustments to the brim. An internal drawstring offers a perfect fit Available in two sizes: M/L (59 cm) and L/XL (61 cm). 100% canvas with cotton lining exclusive of trim.” The Jamison is currently retailing for $44.
They also sent me a Jasper (color: Grey Check), about which they say, “To keep your cool on the hottest days, cover up with the light-weight Jasper. The simple styling looks great on everyone and is suited to almost any occasion. The 3″ brim keeps the sun away and the adjustable chin strap keeps it secure even on a windy day. Available in two sizes: M/L (59 cm) and L/XL (61 cm). 100% poly-ribbon.” The Jasper is currently retailing for $40.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.