The Zika virus is a serious matter, as I wrote in this tip back on January 19. Since then, the affected areas have expanded and people are on edge, especially pregnant women and those trying to get pregnant. However, it looks like women aren’t the only ones who should consider canceling or being extra vigilant when traveling to the affected areas as it’s being reported that there have been cases of the virus being transmitted sexually.
If you’re planning on heading into Zika territory and you want to make sure you aren’t taking any chances, check out these products from the ExOfficio BugsAway collection, which help “prevent against mosquitoes, ticks, ants, flies, chiggers, and midges”:
- ExOfficio BugsAway Chas’air Crew ($50) — This cotton/polyester blend bug-repellent shirt provides low-key comfort with a soft hand for wearing all day
- ExOfficio BugsAway Impervio Shirt ($60) — If you’re not into the cotton blend shirt above then this is the all-synthetic alternative basic long-sleeve tee
- ExOfficio BugsAway Breez’r Shirt ($85) — This button-up shirt with flow-thru ventilation on front and side, plus back pleats for better mobility; one security zip pocket on left front, plus 30 UPF sun protection
What is Insect Shield? Here’s some info about it.
Good to know: What You Need to Know: Zika Virus and Travel Refunds.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.