Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Alina Reyzelman
Occupation: Founder of Elite Club, Ltd & Eat Well Co
Residence: Moscow, London, Los Angeles
College: Currently studying PhD in political science at King’s College London
College major: Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Masters in Investments & Economics
Facebook: Alina Reyzelman, International Living
Google+: Alina Reyzelman
Bio: An expert on international living and leading a healthy lifestyle, Alina Reyzelman started at humble beginnings and rose to corporate success as a self-taught financial and healthy living aficionado. Reyzelman embraces the world and is passionate about sharing her international experiences through a variety of information services provided through her projects Eat Well Co. and Elite Club, Ltd.
Prior to becoming an entrepreneur, Reyzelman started her career working for energy companies and consulting firms holding various senior roles. With 15 years of commercial business expertise, she founded Elite Club, Ltd. in 2007 and also works to promote her knowledge of healthy eating habits and wellness through her wellness project Eat Well Co. Her research on the power of aphrodisiacs led to her book Sex Diet, which provides a new take on nutrition and healthy eating.
How often do you fly? At least 4 times a month.
How many countries have you been to? More then 50, I lost count.
How many continents have you been to? 7.
Earliest travel memory: I was about 5, my parents took me to Sochi. It’s a Russian town located between mountains and Black Sea shores. This is where Winter Olympics will take place in 2014! Yay!
Favorite American city: NYC.
Favorite international city: London.
Least favorite country: I try to see the best in every place I visit.
Favorite World Heritage Site: I love Chichen Itza in Mexico, very spiritual.
Favorite airline: Emirates. I have to say I am impressed with Aeroflot, Russian Airlines had an impressive facelift over the recent years. It was transformed from Soviet airline into the newest fleet in Europe and the service has been improved to world class standards.
Favorite aircraft type: A380 for long distance and A321 for shorter flights.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin in London Heathrow T3.
Favorite U.S. airport: None. I think many US airports need a big upgrade.
Favorite international airport: If I have to pick one it’s Dubai, UAE. My other favorites are Singapore and Moscow, SVO Terminal D.
Favorite hotel: For elegant European getaway it’s Villa D’Este, Lake Como. For ski Cheval Blanc in Courchevel, France. For business in NYC is Four Seasons and for romantic beach holidays its One & Only Reethi Rah in Maldives.
Favorite cruise line: Don’t take cruises, always a private boat.
Favorite travel credit card: Visa.
Favorite island: Maldives.
Favorite beach: Carbon beach, Malibu.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Per Se in NYC, Zuma in London and Catalina in Sydney.
Favorite hole in the wall: Big Apple’s SoupMan by Al Yeganeh.
Favorite bar: Connaught Bar in Mayfair, London.
Favorite fruit: Watermelon.
Favorite food: Potato. Love it in every way.
Least favorite food: Don’t eat onions.
Drink of choice: Red wine.
Favorite travel show(s): CNN’s Parts Unknown with Anthony Bourdain.
Right now I am reading: A History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russell.
5 things you bring on a plane: 1. Ipad 2. Laptop 3. Bottega Veneta eye mask (I tried many brands, this is my fav) 4. Moisturizer 5. If it’s a long flight, I always change into Juicy Couture comfy jump suit.
What do you always seem to forget? Chargers and converters.
What do you like least about travel? The amount of time we spend on a plane. I wish Richard Branson would already come up with new technology where we could get from point A to B in a matter of minutes not hours.
Worst travel moment: When things happen outside of your control, like airplane technical failure or bad weather conditions. This is when you have to change all of your plans/bookings and arrangements. Frustrating.
What’s your dream destination? South Africa, looking forward to a safari. I love watching wildlife.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! I check occasionally CNN or BBC travel tips. My projects are my biggest passion. I try to find the best travel info, news, trends and share it with people through www.eliteclubltd.com and www.eatwellco.com.
Best travel tip: Explore new destinations as a local not as a tourist. Your experience will be much more fun and adventurous if you blend with the crowd and soak up the culture.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.