Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Amanda Pressner
Occupation: Digital Director, MensFitness.com
Hometown: Tampa, Florida
Residence: New York City, baby!
Short Bio: Amanda Pressner is co-author of The Lost Girls: Three Friends. Four Continents. One Unconventional Detour Around the World. She and her fellow writers (besties Jen Baggett and Holly Corbett Bristol) were recently tapped by the Travel Channel to launch a webisode series about life-changing getaways.
How often do you fly: About one per month
How many countries have you been to: 30+ – I need to actually count!
How many continents have you been to: Six
Favorite American city: New York City
Favorite international city: Sydney, Bangkok
Least favorite country: None—but I need to visit Vietnam again to get a better impression of it.
Favorite World Heritage Site: The entire town of Luang Prubang
Favorite airline: Virgin America for domestic, any flight when I can score business class for trips abroad
Aisle or window: I’ve graduated to aisle after a lifetime of being a window girl
Favorite U.S. airport: San Francisco
Favorite international airport: Changi in Singapore—but I’ve only read about it and researched it for articles!
Favorite hotel: Any and all of the Orient Express properties
Favorite cruise line: Haven’t done too many cruises! I loved the Oasis of the Seas ship though…
Favorite island: The islands off the coast of Panama, near Bocas del Toros
Favorite fancy restaurant: Its not exactly fancy, but I loved Foreign Cinema in San Francisco.
Favorite hole in the wall: Coppelia latin diner in New York City
Favorite fruit: Mango
Favorite food: Truffle fries
Least favorite food: Clams
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Kettle One martini with a twist
Favorite travel movie(s): I don’t have one!
Favorite travel show(s): No Reservations
Favorite travel book(s): Maiden Voyage by Tanya Aebi, Travels by Michael Crichton
Right now I am reading: Into Thin Air
Five things you bring on a plane: Laptop, iPhone, InStyle and/or celebrity magazine, Combos, socks
What do you always seem to forget: My chargers
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Camera+ (amazing images!!)
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Screaming at cab drivers publicly in many cities worldwide.
What’s your dream destination: Sailing either the south South Pacific or Caribbean islands with a group of friends on a luxury catamaran
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: legalnomads.com, travelchannel.com
Best travel tip: Try to finish up your work before you leave!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.