Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Art Jalandoni
Short Bio: I am a small business owner and travel obsessed frequent flyer. I’ve been to 6 continents (including Antarctica) and do half a dozen international trips a year. I love American Airlines and the oneworld Alliance. I’m also conversational in German.
Occupation: Business Owner
Hometown: San Francisco
Residence: Los Angeles
How often do you fly: 50+ times a year
How many countries have you been to: 17
How many continents have you been to: 6
Favorite American City: New York
Favorite international city: London
Favorite World Heritage Site: Lourve
Favorite airline: 3 way tie: British Airways, American, and Qantas
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite U.S. airport: DFW
Favorite international airport: LHR – Terminal 5
Favorite hotel: Grand Hyatt, Hyatt, Hyatt anything
Favorite cruise line: NCL
Favorite island: Oahu
Favorite hole in the wall: Pocket Bar – Sydney
Favorite fruit: Passionfruit
Favorite food: Thai
Least favorite food: Chinese
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Cabernet
Favorite travel movie(s): Anything SciFi
Favorite travel show(s): Nat Geo
Right now I am reading: Hunger Games
Five things you bring on a plane: Bose Headsets, hand lotion, handy wipes, iPad, iPhone
What do you always seem to forgot: Neck Pillow
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): American Airlines App
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store: Pens from the city/country they are visiting
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: I’ve been lucky. Nothing comes to mind.
What’s your dream destination: Going back to Antarctica
Best travel tip: Always get to the airport early and avoid the stress. Also, board the plane early to avoid the stress. Pack lighter than you normally would because you’ll be surprised on how little you really need. Try not to check bags so you can start your vacation by simply walking out of customs and into a cab.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.