Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Charlie Osmond
Occupation: Chief Tease, Triptease
Residence: West London
Short Bio: Charlie is the Founder of Triptease, a new travel review website and iPad app that allows users to create beautiful, image-led reviews designed for social sharing. He is also Co-Founder and Director of FreshNetworks, a social business consultancy that delivers digital and social strategies; FreshMinds Research, a business analysis and market research firm; and FreshMinds Talent recruitment consultancy. Charlie’s accolades include Esquire UK’s Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Carlton Young Business Person of the Year and Real Business Magazine’s ‘One To Watch’.
How often do you fly: A great deal at the moment. At least once a month, but more like every other week so far this year.
How many countries have you been to: Counting where I’ve been seems a little odd. The number yet to discover is more important and I probably have 40 on the list
How many continents have you been to: Five
Favorite American city: San Francisco
Favorite international city: Florence
Favorite airline: I’ve always been a BA man and am looking forward to checking out their new A380.
Favorite aircraft type: See previous answer. I’m pretty sure I would have enjoyed Concorde. Who wouldn’t?
Aisle or window: Window. I’m generally asleep before the other passengers even take their seats.
Favorite U.S. airport: US customs is never the most enjoyable but I always like arriving.
Favorite hotel: Villa D’Este, Lake Como. Best views for a pre-dinner drink in the world.
Favorite island: Petit St Vincent
Favorite fancy restaurant: River Cafe – because it is not very fancy. Just wonderful.
Favorite fruit: Pear
Favorite food: Parsnips
Least favorite food: Dumplings
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Air – water. ground – champagne
Favorite travel movie(s): Avanti
Right now I am reading: I tend to listen not read. I find I can get through many many more books that way. Think Fast and Slow by Khaneman, Made to Stick and the Icarus Deception were favourites from last month
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! I like A Hotel Life which launched around the same time as us and shows off really special and diverse hotels as experienced by interesting people.
Mr & Mrs Smith is always a go-to and Hotel Chatter is good for insider lowdown and gossip. But there are many more.
Five things you bring on a plane: Ear pugs, eye mask, a bottle of water and all the magazines I have not read that month.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? The Economist
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Hotel Tonight
Most embarrassing travel moment: We did an office competition – to take as many forms of transport in one day. A pair of us managed 53 including a canoe, a plane, ambulance, fire engine and waterskis. Riding the shopping cart down hill was one step too far at the end of the day
Worst travel moment: Flying home with my 1yr old after she’d been suffering from over-heating (not sure what the medical term is). We managed to board an easyjet plane with broken aircon, so I had to hold her up by a vent at the back of the plane the whole way lest she overheat and pass out.
What’s your dream destination: I wouldn’t mind a week on the private North Island in the Seychelles.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.