Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers on useful resources, favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Chris Lopinto
Occupation: President & Co-Founder, ExpertFlyer.com
Hometown: Long Island, NY
Residence: Long Island, NY
Short Bio: As Co-Founder and President of ExpertFlyer, Chris Lopinto is a pioneer in providing airline data transparency to consumers. Chris leads strategy, product development and ongoing operations for ExpertFlyer’s subscriber-based service which gives consumers a set of online and mobile tools providing unbiased information for air travelers. Chris is often quoted as a travel industry expert by such prestigious news organizations as The Wall Street Journal, NY Times, MSNBC and Newsweek. Chris has been named one of the top young professionals by both the PhoCusWright Young Leaders Summit and the Huntington Chamber of Commerce. Prior to ExpertFlyer, Chris founded, built, and then sold an IT consulting company in Long Island New York. Prior, he served as the Director of IT at ProductivityNet, a network management software startup. Chris is a graduate of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
How often do you fly: Whenever I can, but usually 3-5 times a year.
How many countries have you been to: 8
How many continents have you been to: 3
Favorite American city: New York City
Favorite international city: Rome
Favorite aircraft type: Bigger the better
Aisle or window: Window
Favorite island: The Hawaiian Islands
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: FlyerTalk, MilePoint, Google
Five things you bring on a plane: Laptop, noise canceling headphones, universal charger, book/magazine, the bag that I hopefully didn’t have to check.
What do you always seem to forget: Toothpaste!
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Anything that is hard to find in the US (usually liquor)
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Aside from the airline’s app, Tripit, Hipmunk, GateGuru, and of course ExpertFlyer’s app.
What’s your dream destination: Tour of Asia (on a Circle Pacific ticket of course)
Best travel tip: Book early and remember that airlines will randomly release award inventory and upgrades so keep an eye on the inventory!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.