Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without
Name: Chris Owen
Occupation: Travel Writer
Hometown: Overland Park Kansas
Residence: Orlando, Florida
Short Bio: Chris Owen is a travel writer from Orlando Florida charged with sharing frank, inside information about cruise vacations with travelers
How often do you fly: 2-3 times a month
How many countries have you been to: 24
How many continents have you been to: 4
Favorite American city: Winter Park, Florida
Favorite international city: Venice, Italy
Least favorite country: Germany
Favorite World Heritage Site: Orkney
Favorite airline: United
Favorite aircraft type: 767-400 but reserving this space for 787 some day
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: Delta Amsterdam
Favorite U.S. airport: MCI
Favorite international airport: MIA
Favorite hotel: Epic Miami
Do you unpack into the dresser/closet? Or live out of your suitcase? Unpack
Favorite cruise line: Princess Cruises
Favorite island: St Barts/St Barths
Favorite fancy restaurant: Capitol Grille
Favorite hole in the wall: Welcome Home Restaurant
Favorite fruit: Apple (works for computer too)
Favorite food: Cookies
Least favorite food: Caviar
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Heineken
Favorite travel movie(s): Star Trek (any movie)
Favorite travel show(s): Anything with National Geographic in the title
Favorite travel book(s): The Road Less Traveled
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Gadling, AirfareWatchdog, Johnny Jet (no, really)
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Gadling, Jaunted, Lonely Planet
Five things you bring on a plane: Hand Sanitizer, Headphones, iPhone, iPad with movies, Water
What do you always seem to forget: Scotch tape, unbelievably useful
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Cologne
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): TripIt Pro, GoGo, Passbook, Dark Sky, Boingo WiFi Finder
Most embarrassing travel moment: Being ‘the navigator’ while flying with my dad in his plane on a plan filed for Las Vegas, Nevada and ending up in Las Vegas, New Mexico
Worst travel moment: 47 hour flight from EWR to CDG
What’s your dream destination: Egypt
Favorite travel charity: Make A Wish
Best travel tip: Don’t sweat the small stuff
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.