Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Chrissy Albice
Occupation: Travel Blogger/ Writer/ Producer/ TV Host
Hometown: I grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio
Residence: Voluntarily homeless. I live in Anytown, All Over The World
Short Bio: Chrissy is a former Hollywood news producer and television host from Los Angeles. She gave up her home, her car and left her life in Beverly Hills to travel the globe. In less than two years she visited 27 countries guiding her readers along the way sampling the local culture with beauty, health and fashion tips, food favorites and current events in each area. You can follow her journey at ChrissyTravels.com.
How often do you fly: About once a month
How many countries have you been to: 40
How many continents have you been to: 6 out of 7
Favorite American city: New York City
Favorite international city: Rome, Prague, Dubai
Least favorite country: The sound of the language and a scary incident in a Berlin subway brings Germany to mind.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Historical Center of Rome, Angkor Wat Temples- Siem Reap, Cambodia and the works of Antoni Gaudi- Barcelona, Spain. I have sooo many more to experience, it doesn’t seem like a fair question.
Favorite airline: Whichever is getting me there the cheapest!
Favorite aircraft type: I never pay attention, but bigger is better.
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: I rarely use the lounges.
Favorite U.S. airport: The small one to two terminal airports are always a pleasure to get in and out of easily.
Favorite international airport: I don’t think I really pay attention to them that much, but my least favorite was in Moscow. Brutal!
Favorite hotel: Right now- The Viceroy- Anguilla…again….not fair. I have so many I need to stay at before giving an educated answer.
Favorite cruise line: I haven’t found one I like, yet.
Favorite island: Mykonos, Greece; Formentera, Spain; Anguilla
Favorite fancy restaurant: Il Mulino comes to mind. So many good restaurants all over the world it’s hard to think of just one.
Favorite hole in the wall: It’s not a hole in the wall, but it’s not fancy- It’s my all-time favorite restaurant- Alcazar Middle Eastern Cuisine- San Fernando Valley, CA
Favorite fruit: Dragon fruit or Lychee
Favorite food: Lebanese
Least favorite food: Dutch, Cambodian
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): In the air- water, On the ground- Plomari Splash (frozen ouzo cocktail found in only a few places in Greece)
Favorite travel movie(s): Midnight in Paris
Favorite travel show(s): It hasn’t been produced, yet. But I have a few ideas!
Favorite travel book(s): 1001 Places to See Before You Die
Right now I am reading: Suzanne Somers- Bombshell
Five things you bring on a plane: Computer, charger, water, slippers (for a long flight) and a sweater
What do you always seem to forget: Migraine medicine
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Do they have diamonds duty free?
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Google Maps
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Worst: Being harassed in German by a vagrant in a Berlin subway late at night. I just arrived. I was alone. It was scary.
What’s your dream destination: The Maldives
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: ChrissyTravels.com
Best travel tip: Be flexible.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.