Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Corinne Trang
Occupation: Author, Spokesperson, F&B Consultant, Wellness Coach
Hometown: Blois, France
Residence: Westport, CT
YouTube: Corinne Trang
Short Bio: Corinne Trang is the award-winning author of several books including the most recently published Asian Flavors Diabetes Cookbook (ADA, 2012), Noodles Every Day (2009), Curry Cuisine (2007), The Asian Grill (2006), A Food Lover’s Companion: Vietnamese (2006), Essentials of Asian Cuisine (2003), and Authentic Vietnamese Cooking (1999), and has served as spokesperson to various national brands and commodities. Dubbed the “Julia Child of Asian Cuisine” by the Washington Post, she is a frequent television and radio guest and has appeared on national, regional, and cable network including NBC’s Today Show, CBS’s Early Morning Show, PBS, FOX News, ABC, CNN, Lifetime, Discovery, Food Network, Sirius, Business Talk Radio, National Public Radio, and Bloomberg to name a few. She has written for numerous publications including Saveur, Food & Wine, Fine Cooking, Islands, Gourmet, Cooking Light, and Bon Appetit, and has taught and lectured internationally, most recently at New York University. She serves on the Board of Directors of Cook for Your Life, a non-profit dedicated to teaching cancer survivors proper nutrition through fun hands-on cooking programs. She is the East Coast Correspondent for Business Talk Radio’s “America’s Dining and Travel Guide” and “The World A La Carte.” Trang is also the founder of a hybrid wellness program combining mindful eating, yoga, and meditation.
How often do you fly: About 6 times a year
How many countries have you been to: 30 or so countries
How many continents have you been to: 5 continents
Favorite American city: New York
Favorite international city: Paris
Least favorite country: don’t have one. Every place has something special to offer
Favorite World Heritage Site: Angkor Wat
Favorite airline: Cathay Pacific
Favorite aircraft type: 747
Aisle or window: window if in business or first class, aisle if in economy
Favorite airport lounge: JFK Lufthansa
Favorite U.S. airport: San Franciso
Favorite international airport: Narita
Favorite hotel: Grand Hyatt, Macau
Favorite cruise line: never been on a cruise
Favorite island: Bali
Favorite fancy restaurant: Le Bernardin
Favorite hole in the wall: any pho restaurant
Favorite fruit: mango
Favorite food: I don’t have one, but if I must choose something refreshing like Thai green papaya salad
Least favorite food: burgers and fries… that stuff is poison
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): hot water
Favorite travel movie(s): I don’t watch tv and can’t remember the last movie I saw.
Favorite travel show(s): (see above)
Favorite travel book(s): the “Culture Shock!” series
Right now I am reading: several books on the Dharma
Five things you bring on a plane: laptop, books, healthy raw snack, chocolate, sweater and socks (that’s 6 things!)
What do you always seem to forget: something important like a toothbrush!
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store?: (nothing there!)
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): camera
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: it’s so embarrassing I’m not telling but it involved a bus, a balloon and a few drinks!
What’s your dream destination: Australia
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Johnnyjet.com, of course!
Best travel tip: carry-on and backpack, no matter where you go and how long you’re there. Travel light and hassle-free!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.