Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Dayvee Sutton
Occupation: National travel and lifestyle correspondent
Hometown: Los Angeles
College major: Study of Religion and Business Admin
YouTube: The Daily Affair
Short bio: Dayvee Sutton is a two-time Emmy-award winning journalist, travel host, media entrepreneur and speaker. Over the course of her career she’s worked for ESPN, Comcast Sports, Turner Sports, and CNN (Atlanta and London). She hosted an entertainment and lifestyle show for NBC Charlotte, covered sports for CBS Atlanta, and produced video for USA TODAY Network. Now Dayvee is a national travel correspondent with monthly segments on HLN, TVOne’s Sister Circle Live and the syndicated shows The Jet Set TV and Coffee with America. She also hosts the Amazon Prime video adventure travel show Beyond the Usual, runs the syndicated lifestyle website The Daily Affair, and represents travel brands as a spokesperson and produces programs through her production company Dream Network Media—including the thought-provoking and emotional film What We Told Our Sons: Families React to the Trayvon Martin Verdict.
Dayvee is based in Atlanta, GA.
How often do you fly? Average twice a month.
How many countries have you been to? 20
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: Cross-country road trips with my parents—my mother is from Boston and father is from Columbus, Ohio. For about five years from middle school to high school, during summer break, my dad would rent an RV and we’d drive from Southern California to Boston or Ohio, taking many stops along the way. So at a very early age, I got to see many beautiful sights of our country.
Favorite American city: D.C.
Favorite international city: Haven’t been.
Friendliest people in the world: Everyone from the Caribbean. I think it’s because they have such easy access to the clear, blue sea.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Not mean. Just super strict—Israel.
Favorite airline: Qatar (hands down), domestic—Delta.
Favorite aircraft type: Airbus A380 (double-deck with lounge for business and first class passengers).
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: Qatar.
Favorite U.S. airport: Atlanta.
Favorite National Park: Dry Tortugas.
Favorite fruit: Pineapples and peaches.
Favorite food: Mexican, then Mediterranean.
Least favorite food: Seafood.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Sprite.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Skyscanner.com, FlyGlitch.com.
5 things you bring on a plane: My own blanket, snacks, motion sickness pills, charger, eye mask.
What do you always seem to forget? My swimsuit, especially in cold places! (There’s always a hot tub!)
What do you like least about travel? That most aircrafts aren’t properly cleaned anymore.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Anyplace in Africa, yet…
Worst travel moment: A hotel in Indonesia, where it wasn’t completely renovated, we were placed there on a press trip at the last minute. The doors to our rooms weren’t able to fully close, so giant lizards roamed into my room at night. You can hear them make their frog-like noise all evening. The only way I could sleep was to have the sheets over my head.
What’s your dream destination? Morocco.
Best travel tip: Be flexible to go anywhere, then be open to experience everything.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.