Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Dr. Cacinda Maloney
Occupation: Travel writer, blogger, social media influencer, adventurer, physician, business owner, photographer
Hometown: Pampa, Texas, USA
Residence: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Short bio: An experienced luxury travel writer, photographer, and social media influencer, Dr. Cacinda Maloney of PointsandTravel shares her love of travel thru her writings about adventure, culture, and smart luxury travel. She stepped out of her comfort zone years ago by traveling every six weeks of her life for over 25 years. She now travels even more than that and traveled to 47 countries in 2016 alone. She loves transformation travel that is rich in cultural experiences. Travel Ambassador for Travelocity, Delsey USA Luggage, Rocky Mountaineer, and FlipBoard.
How often do you fly: A few times a month.
How many countries have you been to: 62
How many continents have you been to: 5
Favorite American city: New Orleans or Savannah, hard choice.
Favorite international city: Vienna, Austria, and San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. Can anyone just pick one?
Least favorite country: I believe every country has something amazing to see!
Favorite World Heritage Site: Too many to choose from.
Favorite airline: American and Cathay Pacific.
Favorite aircraft type: Dreamliner for style and A380 for comfort.
Aisle or window: Was aisle for years, but recently switched to window seat for the view.
Favorite airport lounge: Lufthansa First Class Terminal in Frankfurt.
Favorite U.S. airport: Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (awesome name!).
Favorite international airport: Qatar or South Korea.
Favorite hotel: Belmond Hotel Splendido Portofino, Italy; La Casa de Cuesta San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Hotel Mosai Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Grand Velas Cabo San Lucas Mexico; Bella Arts Hotel Barcelona, Spain; Golden Door Escondido, California; Casa del XVI Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
Favorite cruise line: Viking Ocean and River Cruises.
Favorite island: Losinj, Croatia; Castaway Island, Fiji; Little Cayman Island.
Favorite fancy restaurant: La Tour ‘d Argent, Paris, France (since 1582) or Helene Darroze at the Connaught, London, England.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Tiesto’s Cuenca, Ecuador.
Favorite fruit: Blackberries.
Favorite food: Filet mignon, lobster and lobster bisque with chocolate mousse cake for dessert!
Least favorite food: Liver.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Air: water, Dr. Pepper. Ground: tequila repasado, Grey Goose Vodka, or Dr. Pepper.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Talented Mr. Ripley (Matt Damon)—1950s Italy.
Favorite travel book(s): “Nothing to Declare: Memoirs of a Woman Traveling Alone” by Mary Morris, “Halfway to Each Other: How a Year in Italy Brought Our Family Home” by Susan Pohlman.
Five things you bring on a plane: Laptop, neck pillow, noise-canceling headphones, change of clothes, and iPhone/charger.
What do you always seem to forget: Socks.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Chocolate.
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): AwardWallet.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Kicked a piece of luggage, when I got mad one time, in front of my kids in Seville, Spain!
Worst travel moment: Cold, gray Berlin in the wet drippy snow, when my laptop crashed and my cell phone wouldn’t work all on the same trip.
What’s your dream destination: Greek isles, Maldives, Italy, Croatia, Spain/Portugal, and Mexico.
Favorite travel charity: KIVA.
Best travel tip: Don’t be so travel-specific, let your miles and points take you where they want you to go. Get your spending money out of the ATM for the best exchange rate or purchase online via your bank before you go for a flat rate and have the cash delivered to your home. Use T-Mobile for access to worldwide internet. Bring house shoes from the luxury hotels you stay in for the airplane (specifically bathroom visits).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.