Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without
Name: Fred Glick
Occupation: CEO, U S Spaces, Inc., U S Loans Mortgage, Inc., Arrivva, Co-Partner in Rentscoper.com and the Jshield, CNBC pundit
Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Residence: Philadelphia, PA
Short Bio: Fred Glick is a nationally recognized, award winning, mortgage and real estate professional, REALTOR® and UpFront Mortgage Broker® with many years of experience. He has closed over $1B of transactions over his career. Fred is the Principal of U S Spaces, Inc and U S Loans Mortgage Inc, Partner at Rentscoper.com and Cloudquarters, Inc, a product development company. Fred is Vice President of the UpFront Mortgage Brokers along with being it’s Chief Legislative Liaison. Fred has been featured for his real estate and mortgage expertise on CNBC, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, NPR’s Marketplace, CBS News, ThinkGlink.com, Philadelphia Inquirer and other publications. Please see fredglick.com for media replays, licensing information and social network connections. After a couple of cups of coffee, Fred writes smart, fun prose about real estate, mortgage and/or politics at his blog, twitter and Facebook page. He is also an avid ice hockey player and city bike rider.
Additionally, Fred is an active Board Member at the non-profits, Hidden City Philadelphia and Culture Works Philadelphia.
How often do you fly: 4-6 times a month
How many countries have you been to: 17
How many continents have you been to: 4
Favorite American city: San Francisco. It’s the Paris of the US, has predictable weather, has anything you want close by
Favorite international city: London, so much there and so easy to get to anywhere else
Least favorite country: Mexico
Favorite World Heritage Site: West Norwegian Fjords
Favorite airline: Virgin America!
Favorite aircraft type: A320
Aisle or window: Aisle….large water drinker :)
Favorite airport lounge: Frankfurt’s new Star Alliance lounge
Favorite U.S. airport: How can you not love Long Beach. Howard Hughes could be there any minute loading your luggage!
Favorite international airport: This’ll sound crazy but when I have time, I actually like Heathrow
Favorite hotel: Amangani in Jackson Hole, WY
Do you unpack into the dresser/closet? Or live out of your suitcase? Suitcase for most stuff, hang up the things that can wrinkle
Favorite cruise line: N/A, not a cruiser
Favorite island: Bora Bora on Tahiti
Favorite fancy restaurant: Slanted Door in SF. Ever want me assassinated, this is the place to wait to pull the trigger. Just let me finish the spicy imperial rolls and the spare ribs first!
Favorite hole in the wall: Paesanos in the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia
Favorite fruit: Banana
Favorite food: East coast authentic Italian
Least favorite food: Super new-super weird stuff
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground) Water and San Pelligrino grapefruit soda
Favorite travel movie(s): Up In The Air , my GF says I remind her of the guy that’s the star. Clooney something?
Favorite travel show(s): Johnny Jet on The Tech Guy
Favorite travel book(s): Don’t really use them, move of a digital guy
Right now I am reading: 43*
Five things you bring on a plane: Water, two types of headphones, iPhones and over the ear noise reduction, Airbook, Airborne, all my luggage!
What do you always seem to forget: Airborne
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Good chocolate
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Kayak
Most embarrassing travel moment: On a very delayed flight, I got so pissed at the rep behind the counter who would not give us answers, I picked up the microphone and said “Attention K-Mart shoppers!” The airline employee was not thrilled. But, yes, they did let me fly.
Worst travel moment: Being hand searched three times in Bogata airport
What’s your dream destination: New Zealand. Can’t find anyone to go for 10 days
Favorite travel charity: Carbon offsetting
Best travel tip: Get the TSA pre-screen or Global Entry. Also, you can use google voice to make calls on the Gogo inflight wifi on VA (not sure about other airlines) within your browser from gmail.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.