Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Garrett Gee
Short bio: Garrett Gee is a millionaire tech entrepreneur, founder of The Bucket List Family and star of the upcoming Myx TV travel series Discovering Routes. Gee sold his QR code technology company Scan to Snapchat for $54 million in 2014 before traveling the world full-time and starting “The Bucket List Family” with his wife Jessica and their two children. The blog and social media accounts document their travels across the globe.
Occupation: Full-time Travel Journalist
Hometown: Highland, UT
Current residence: None, I travel around the world full-time with my family.
How often do you fly? About once a week.
How many countries and continents have you been to? Around 55 countries. I recently visited the Philippines for the first time for a new TV show I’m on called Discovering Routes on Myx TV.
Earliest travel memory: Traveling to Europe with my mom.
Favorite American city: Los Angeles.
Favorite international city: Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Friendliest people in the world: The Turkish.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite island: Bora Bora.
Favorite beach: Keiki Beach—North Shore, Oahu.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Water.
Favorite travel movie(s): Walter Mitty.
Favorite travel show(s): Escapeseeker, and my new show Discovering Routes! It premieres Sept. 12 at 8/7c on Myx TV if readers would like to tune-in.
Favorite travel book(s): I don’t really read.
5 things you bring on a plane: Computer, phone, headphones, charger, snacks.
What’s your dream destination? Seychelles.
Favorite travel charity: Effect.org, an international nonprofit that operates low cost private schools.
Best travel tip: Always bring your GoPro!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.