Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Gary Arndt
Occupation: Traveler, Blogger, Photographer
Hometown: Appleton, WI
How often do you fly? I fly well over 100,000 miles a year and usually have elite status on a three major airline alliances.
How many countries have you been to? I have been to 114 countries and territories as listed by the Traveler Century Club: http://everything-everywhere.com/country-list/
How many continents have you been to? I have visited all seven continents.
Favorite American city? Lahaina
Favorite international city? Istanbul, Jerusalem, Bangkok
Least favorite country? None. I’ve never been anywhere that I wouldn’t return to.
Favorite airline? Singapore Airlines
Favorite aircraft type? 747
Aisle or window? Aisle
Favorite airport lounge? I hardly ever get to use lounges. I have no idea how to compare them.
Favorite U.S. airport? MSP
Favorite international airport? Singapore
Favorite hotel? Livingstone’s Lodge, Bangkok
Favorite cruise line? I’ve only been on 3 cruises in my life. Based on that I’d say Princess.
Favorite island? Waya Lailai, Fiji
Favorite fancy restaurant? Picasso’s, Las Vegas
Favorite hole in the wall? JD’s Drive-In, Appleton, WI
Favorite travel movie(s): Lawrence of Arabia
Favorite travel show(s): Frozen Planet
Five things you bring on a plane? Noise canceling headphones, iPad, iPhone, Pen, Passport
What do you always seem to forget? International electrical adaptors
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): TripIt, Trippy
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: I got denied entry into the nation of Kiribati because my passport got wet.
What’s your dream destination? Ngorongoro Crater
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Expedia.com
Best travel tip: The ability to adapt is more important than the ability to plan
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.