Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Geoffrey Weill
Occupation: Tourism Promotion
Residence: Haworth, NJ
Facebook: Geoffrey Weill
Bio: Born and educated in England, Geoffrey Weill has lived in the United States since 1973. His career began with Thomas Cook, first in London, then as Assistant Manager of the Thomas Cook office on New York’s Fifth Avenue, then as Manager of the Thomas Cook office in Baltimore. His career has been entirely devoted to positions and fields related to travel.
From 1976 until 1984, Weill was Executive Director of Israel’s Ministry of Tourism, in North America with primary responsibility for the Israel Government Tourist Office’s Public Relations and Advertising . From 1984 until May 1995, he directed the AJCongress International Travel Program, an outreach program to forty countries around the world, sponsored by one of America’s oldest human rights organizations.
In the summer of 1995 he opened WEILL (Geoffrey Weill Associates), a company specializing in tourism and travel-related promotion and public relations. The company has grown and broadened, and WEILL has won some 40 HSMAI public relations awards.
Geoffrey Weill is a widely published travel writer and photographer and has visited more than 90 countries. He has lectured on travel and tourism at Oxford University, England, at New York University and at a variety of United States locations. He has co-chaired two conventions of the Society of American Travel Writers. He has appeared on CBS, NBC, CNN and a variety of local television and radio stations. He has also served as a guest lecturer aboard RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 and guest historian aboard the MS Silver Cloud. He speaks, reads and writes four languages, and can struggle by in two more.
How often do you fly: 75 times a year
How many countries have you been to: 100
How many continents have you been to: All
Favorite American city: New York
Favorite international city: Venice
Least favorite country: I am too polite to say
Favorite World Heritage Site: Great Wall of China
Favorite airline: Singapore Airlines
Favorite aircraft type: Boeing 747
Aisle or window: Window
Favorite airport lounge: Singapore Airlines at Changi
Favorite U.S. airport: Detroit
Favorite international airport: Tel Aviv
Favorite hotel: Too diplomatic to answer
Favorite cruise line: Cunard
Favorite island: Mnemba
Favorite fancy restaurant: Rules, London
Favorite hole in the wall: Dr. Shakshuka, Jaffa
Favorite fruit: Honeycrisp apples
Favorite food: English Sunday Roast lunch
Least favorite food: Raw onions and garlic
Favorite travel movie(s): Who’s Killing the Great Chefs of Europe
Favorite travel show(s): None
Favorite travel book(s): “Pomp and Circumstance,” Noël Coward
Five things you bring on a plane: iPad, ear plugs, sleeping mask, mouthwash, sleeping pills
What do you always seem to forget: Business cards
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): FlightTrack
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Bending over to look in a pool and my passport dropping out of my breast pocket into the water
What’s your dream destination: Trieste
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Expedia.com
Best travel tip: Setting your watch to arrival time the minute you board the plane.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.