Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Gil Antolin
Occupation: Luxury Travel Marketing / Travel Agency
Hometown: Huntington Beach, CA
Facebook: Luxury World Traveler
Pinterest: Luxury World Traveler
How often do you fly? Once a month.
How many countries have you been to? 35
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: Disneyland.
Favorite American city: Miami.
Favorite international city: Granada, Spain.
Least favorite country: n/a.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: China.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Chichen Itza.
Favorite airline: Virgin.
Favorite aircraft type: G600.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: No preference.
Favorite U.S. airport: John Wayne.
Favorite international airport: Amsterdam.
Favorite hotel: Cosmopolitan—Vegas.
Favorite cruise line: Celebrity.
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Favorite island: Harbour Island Bahamas.
Favorite beach: Pink Sand Beach—Harbor Island Bahamas.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Ruths Chris.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Fish taco place in Cabo San Lucas…can’t think of the name.
Favorite bar: Press Lounge—Manhattan.
Favorite fruit: Passion—the ones in Uganda, Africa.
Favorite food: Impossible question because I love everything.
Least favorite food: Mussels.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Goose and tonic.
Favorite travel movie(s): Indian Jones, any of them.
Favorite travel show(s): No Reservations.
Favorite travel book(s): “1,000 Places to See Before You Die.”
Right now I am reading: “The Laws of Success by Napoleon Hill.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure & Johnny Jet of course.
5 things you bring on a plane: Laptop, earphone, pillow, water, cellphone.
What do you always seem to forget? Earphones, books.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Cologne.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Lol…getting caught in a hotel Jacuzzi…
Worst travel moment: Being stuck on a runway in Washington D.C. for 4 hours with no air conditioning.
What’s your dream destination? So tough. Bora Bora, New Zealand, Santorini.
Favorite travel charity: International Rescue Committee.
Best travel tip: Enjoy the moment. A few times throughout the trip stop everything you are doing, close your eyes, take a deep breath and take it all in. I come back to these moments when I return home, and life gets hectic. They are priceless.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.