Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Irene S. Levine
Occupation: Journalist & Author
Hometown: NYC gal
Residence: Chappaqua, NY (Westchester County)
Facebook: Irene S. Levine
Pinterest: Irene S. Levine
Huffington Post: Irene S. Levine
Short Bio: Yes, I have an unusual background for a travel writer—a long and distinguished career as a psychologist, another decade in research and communications, and another decade learning the trade of being a freelance writer and author. Now don’t start counting—some of them overlapped as I moonlighted! All my experiences have shaped the person I am, as well as the way I think and write about travel. Hopelessly addicted to social media, you’ll find my byline cropping up in many places. I blog, I tweet, I friend, and I play Words with Friends.
How often do you fly: About twice a month
How many countries have you been to: Not enough
How many continents have you been to: More to come
Favorite American city: Chappaqua, that’s why I’m there
Favorite international city: Los Cabos, that’s where I go on real vacations
Least favorite country: Russia, that’s where I got scammed by a tour guide
Favorite World Heritage Site: The Malatestiana Library in Cesena, Italy
Favorite airline: Jet Blue
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: Mexico City
Favorite U.S. airport: Westchester Airport, small is beautiful
Favorite international airport: Milan, for the shopping
Favorite hotel: Fouquet’s Barriere in Paris
Favorite cruise line: Seabourn and Crystal
Favorite island: Bermuda
Favorite fancy restaurant: Blue Hill at Stone Barns, Pocantico Hills
Favorite FANCY hole in the wall: Le Jardin du Roi, Chappaqua
Favorite fruit: Cherries
Favorite food: Pasta with shaved white truffles
Least favorite food: Olives
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Kir Royal
Favorite travel movie(s): Three Coins in the Fountain
Favorite travel show(s): No Reservations
Favorite travel book(s): Story of San Michele
Right now I am reading: People Magazine
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines: Departures, Travel & Leisure, Boston Globe travel section
Five things you bring on a plane: Flips flops, iPhone, passport, GOES ID card, a shawl.
What do you always seem to forget: To trash my water bottle before going through TSA security
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Hermes perfume
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Tripit
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Getting scammed in Russia
What’s your dream destination: Anyplace new
Favorite travel charity: Amigos de los Ninos, Los Cabos
Best travel tip: Supplement your memory with photographs and notes
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.