Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Jen Morilla
Occupation: Travel Blogger—Traveling for Purpose
Hometown: New York, NY
Residence: New York, NY (or World)
College: Pace University–NYC
College major: Marketing
Facebook: The Social Girl Traveler
Pinterest: The Social Girl Traveler | Travel Blog
YouTube: The Social Girl Traveler
Short bio: Life-liver. Dream go-getter. Driven by social impact. If you think I’m just a travel blogger, think again. When I’m traveling the world I’m on a mission to discover humanity, understand a culture and connect emotionally with people…and as I do that, I am tirelessly driven to leave a little something behind that can change a life. I’m Jen a single, solo female traveler. I am Cuban-American from New York City. Only two years ago I was working for a marketing agency when I sold my car, some belongings, and bought a one way. I traded my 9-5 for a budget, backpack, and traveling for good. It’s been two years and I haven’t looked back since! I am a YouTuber, a writer and a clean water courier. but I really call myself a “life-liver.” I dream big and make my dreams happen.
How often do you fly? 2-3x a month.
How many countries have you been to? 39
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: Studying abroad in Sevilla, Spain in 2009.
Favorite American city: New York City or San Diego.
Favorite international city: Sydney or London.
Least favorite country: Not sure. I haven’t been to a country I didn’t enjoy.
Friendliest people in the world: Asia (southeast Asia) Bali.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: London.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Santiago de Compostela.
Favorite airline: Virgin Airlines/United or Alaska Airlines.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin at London Heathrow Airport.
Favorite U.S. airport: LAX.
Favorite international airport: London Heathrow.
Favorite hotel: Hyatts or Ritz.
Favorite cruise line: Royal Caribbean.
Favorite travel credit card: American Express Gold.
Favorite island: Cuba.
Favorite beach: BVI—Jost Van Dyke, Jervis Bay, Australia.
Favorite National Park: Yosemite.
Favorite fancy restaurant: TAO.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke.
Favorite airport restaurant: Chili’s.
Favorite bar: Don’t have one.
Favorite fruit: Strawberries and pineapples.
Favorite food: Pizza.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Red wine or a bourbon on the rocks.
Favorite travel movie(s): Mary Kate & Ashley Go to Paris (lmao).
Favorite travel show(s): Parts Unknown & The Layover.
Favorite travel book(s): Eat, Pray, Love.
Right now I am reading: (several books) “You Are a Badass at Making Money,” “Mastering Your Mean Girl,” “Off The Beaten Path.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Travel + Leisure.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! The Blonde Abroad.
5 things you bring on a plane: Ear plugs, eye masks, chapstick, my laptop, and headphones.
What do you always seem to forget? My pillow.
What do you like least about travel? The actual traveling part (the time it takes to get from point A to point B).
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Postcards!
Favorite travel app(s): Skyscanner, Hitlist and Airbnb.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Missing my one and only flight from London to NY because I woke up late.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Iceland.
Worst travel moment: Being hungover on a eight-hour flight.
What’s your dream destination? Bora Bora.
Favorite travel charity: Waves for Water.
Best travel tip: Always go someplace new and alone. I encourage anyone at any age or gender to go solo traveling ONCE in their lives. Their future self will thank them. Don’t wait on anyone!
Oh! And you should have Global Entry.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.