Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Jennifer Miner
Occupation: Travel blogger
Residence: Los Angeles
Short Bio: Jennifer Miner is a travel writer based in Los Angeles and the co-creator/editor of The Vacation Gals, a popular, multiple award-winning travel blog featuring family friendly destinations, tips for traveling with kids, romantic getaways, and more. Jennifer is also a creator and partner at Best Family Travel Experts and The Vacation Gals’ sister site, The Spa Gals. Most recently, she has created and is co-chair of the Los Angeles Consortium of Online Travel. LACOT brings travel writers and other members of the travel industry together to highlight LA-area activities and attractions.
How often do you fly: Roundtrip flights around once a month, so, approximately 24x/yr
How many countries have you been to: 12
How many continents have you been to: 2
Favorite American city: NYC.
Favorite international city: Paris.
Least favorite country: No comment. Who needs the hate mail?
Favorite World Heritage Site: Really hard to pick just one…How about the Tower of London, or the city center of Florence, or the Grand Canyon.
Favorite airline: JetBlue, Southwest and Virgin. All my miles are tied up at American, though.
Favorite aircraft type: The kind that stays aloft.
Aisle or window: Aisle, please.
Favorite airport lounge: Admirals Club; it’s the only one I have regular access to!
Favorite U.S. airport: Portland. I think if I lived in Portland, I’d go to the airport just to hang out! Can’t say THAT about LAX, that’s for sure.
Favorite international airport: Gatwick.
Favorite hotel: San Ysidro Ranch
Favorite cruise line: Not a fan of large floating hotels. Small ship cruise lines only for true travel experiences, not just a-port-a-day day trips.
Favorite island: Kauai. And Hawaii Island and Maui.
Favorite fancy restaurant: The French Laundry.
Favorite hole in the wall: Totoraku in West Los Angeles…don’t tell anybody!
Favorite fruit: Berries, just picked.
Favorite food: Sushi. Maybe I’m writing that because that’s what I’m having tonight, though. Italian food in Italy, French food in France, etc etc.
Least favorite food: Flan. Sorry. Gross.
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Tomato juice in the air — which I dislike on the ground, by the way — and on the ground, it depends on what I’m eating.
Favorite travel movie(s): Does WALL-e count?
Favorite travel show(s): No Reservations.
Favorite travel book(s): The Accidental Tourist isn’t exactly a travel book, but it’s one of my favorite books, and it has the word “tourist in it, so there.
Right now I am reading: A Visit from the Goon Squad. Read it! It’s terrific.
Five things you bring on a plane: iPad, water, cozy socks, junky magazine, earphones.
What do you always seem to forget: Toothbrush.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? I’ve been thinking about this and I can’t make anything up; I’m not much of a shopper and don’t want anything from a duty free store that I wouldn’t already just have. How about, water.
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Sit or Squat. See: Water.
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: I got carsick in the WORST way while in a van on a press trip in Oahu, this was just this past year. Let’s see if I ever get invited back to Hawaii (sorry again, Nancy Daniels).
What’s your dream destination: My dream is time. A month to explore Australia, a month for New Zealand.
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: My cowriters would kill me if I didn’t say The Vacation Gals. Also love Wanderlust & Lipstick and many others.
Best travel tip: Try to pack lightly, but don’t forget your toothbrush
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.