Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Jeremy Fall
Occupation: Restaurateur and Co-Founder of J. Fall Group
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Residence: Los Angeles, CA
College: Some college at Occidental College and Woodbury University
College major: Transdisciplinary study in business, marketing and digital media
Instagram: Jeremy Fall
Short bio: In July 2014, Jeremy Fall decided to branch out on his own and launched Genesis, a five-week pop-up concept that bridged the gap between bar and nightclub, hidden inside a vintage attic in Hollywood. After garnering a lot of press and attention, Fall decided to extend Genesis to a six-month period before moving it to a new and permanent location in Hollywood. In November 2014, he opened his second project, Golden Box, a 1980’s NYC-inspired grungy disco designed after his strong inspirations from Area, Studio 54 and The Limelight.
Following his continued passion for hospitality, Fall came up with the idea of his first restaurant, Nighthawk: Breakfast Bar, a restaurant/bar that serves cocktails and elevated breakfast fare for dinner. Being as it was a first of its kind concept, Nighthawk garnered a lot of national media attention, landing on Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and making Eater’s list of “hottest restaurants in America.” Fall’s knack for coming up with innovative ways to build original concepts led to the creation of his second food endeavor, Tinfoil: Liquor & Grocery, a modern day take on the bodega consisting of a liquor store in the front with a secret “speakeasy” deli in the back. He decided to bring on a group of fine dining-trained chefs to the project in order to help him create a menu of house-cured meats, sandwiches and sides completely made from scratch. His nest creation and first national restaurant expansion opened in November 2017 as Nighthawk: AM, a fast casual breakfast all day concept in Chicago, IL, inspired by the nostalgic 1950’s American milk bar.
Fall’s current project pipeline includes Paperboy, a new innovative take on the classic pizza joint in partnership with United Talent Agency (UTA) located on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica set to open early 2018. His other highly anticipated is Easy’s, a reinterpretation of the classic diner located inside the iconic Beverly Center slated to open Spring 2018.
How often do you fly? Three to four times a month.
How many countries have you been to? Around 15.
How many continents have you been to? 3
Earliest travel memory: Going to Guadalajara in Mexico as a kid.
Favorite American city: New York City.
Favorite international city: Madrid.
Friendliest people in the world: In Spain.
Favorite airline: Delta Air Lines.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: Delta Sky Club.
Favorite U.S. airport: Charlotte Douglas International.
Favorite international airport: Heathrow Airport.
Favorite hotel: Soho House.
Favorite travel credit card: American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles.
Favorite island: Necker Island.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Eleven Madison Park in New York City.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Dino’s Chicken and Burgers in Los Angeles.
Favorite airport restaurant: Shake Shack.
Favorite bar: The Roger Room in Los Angeles.
Favorite fruit: Watermelon.
Favorite food: Sushi.
Least favorite food: Beets.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Whiskey on the rocks.
Favorite travel show(s): No Reservations.
Favorite travel book(s): “Blink” by Malcolm Gladwell.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Hypebeast, Food & Wine and GQ.
5 things you bring on a plane: Apple AirPods, iPad, both iPhones, Zicam and hand sanitizer. I know I sound like a germ-conscious Apple ad.
What do you like least about travel? The unknown of not knowing who’s sitting next to me on the plane.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? I love getting different potato chips from foreign countries. I had a buttered scallop-flavored chip from Korea recently and it was insanely good.
Favorite travel app(s): Delta and Virgin apps.
Worst travel moment: Staying stuck on the plane for 17 hours on the way to New York City from Los Angeles because there was a false bomb alert at JFK.
Best travel tip: Drink a lot of water while you travel. It may seem dumb, but it’s so easy to forget and get dehydrated which will make traveling unbearable and more exhausting.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.