Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Kathy Buckworth
Occupation: Travel & Parenting Writer, Radio Host & TV Contributor
Hometown: Toronto, Ontario
Residence: Mississauga, Ontario
College: York University
College major: Political Science & Economics
Facebook: Kathy Buckworth
Short bio: I am a freelance writer, radio and television contributor. I focus mostly on family travel in print as I am also the author of 6 parenting books. I do regular segments on radio and television which focus on women’s travel and fitness/adventure travel.
How often do you fly? At least 4 times a month.
How many countries have you been to? 22 not including just airport stops.
How many continents have you been to? 3
Earliest travel memory: England with my parents, who are from there.
Favorite American city: New York City.
Favorite international city: Paris.
Least favorite country: Don’t have one.
I have no desire to go to: Anywhere unsafe.
Friendliest people in the world: Canadians of course.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Canada.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Jurisdiction of St Emilion (France).
Favorite airline: Air Canada.
Favorite aircraft type: Emirates A380.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: Emirates business class in Dubai.
Favorite U.S. airport: Denver.
Favorite international airport: CDG (Paris).
Favorite hotel: So tough—love the Sofitels.
Favorite cruise line: Disney.
Favorite travel credit card: Don’t have one. Use my PCF Mastercard and save money towards trips.
Favorite island: Columbus Isle, Bahamas.
Favorite beach: West Palm Beach.
Favorite National Park: Yosemite.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Bearfoot Bistro, Whistler, BC.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Not sure.
Favorite bar: The one in my neighbourhood (Erin Mills Pump).
Favorite fruit: Raspberries.
Favorite food: Cheese.
Least favorite food: Anything pickled.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): White wine.
Favorite travel movie(s): Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.
Favorite travel show(s): Anything Eric Idle.
Favorite travel book(s): Anything Bill Bryson.
Right now I am reading: “The Woman In Cabin 10” by Ruth Ware.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: NYTimes Travel, National Geographic, Globetrotting Mama.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! globetrottingmama.com
5 things you bring on a plane: My Kobo e-reader, granola bars, headphones, journal, pen.
What do you always seem to forget? Toothpaste!!!
What do you like least about travel? Wasting time.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Nothing.
Favorite travel app(s): None.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Wait for it.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Asia.
Worst travel moment: Almost dying on a tour bus in Peru after we were attacked by famers and almost went over a cliff.
What’s your dream destination? Monaco.
Best travel tip: Be early for everything.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.