Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Kelley Ferro
Occupation: Travel Video Host & Producer
Hometown: Woodstock, VT
Residence: New York, NY
Pinterest: Kelley Ferro
Short Bio: I host and film travel videos around the world, with a focus on finding local tips and adventures. I also produce and manage the travel video content and video partnerships at Tripfilms, the largest travel video website.
How often do you fly: On average, twice a month.
How many countries have you been to: 41
How many continents have you been to: All save Antarctica
Favorite American city: Tossup- Austin or San Francisco but I have many more to visit.
Favorite international city: Rome, Rio de Janeiro, Istanbul & Seville (Sorry, I can’t pick one!)
Least favorite country: Haven’t found it yet…
Favorite World Heritage Site: Great Barrier Reef & Swiss Alps
Favorite airline: Virgin Atlantic (love Branson!)
Favorite aircraft type: The tiny plane that I flew into St. Barths from St Martin.
Aisle or window: Window. I love photographing the world from above.
Favorite airport lounge: SFO
Favorite U.S. airport: SFO
Favorite international airport: Rome. It’s not the most well run airport but I’m always very happy when I’m there.
Favorite hotel: Ladera Resort, St Lucia, Gstaad Palace and Parrot Cay
Favorite cruise line: Never been on a cruise!
Favorite island: The one I plan to own one day! But for now, Mykonos.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Nobu Matsuhisa in Mykonos
Favorite hole in the wall: The 6 seater Italian restaurant on my street in Soho and the fish shack I frequented in Costa Rica.
Favorite fruit: Pineapple.
Favorite food: Grilled local fish & vegetables with homemade bread and good olive oil.
Least favorite food: Eel.
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Air: Scotch. Ground: Manhattan
Favorite travel movie(s): The Bond series
Favorite travel show(s): Captain John, Kick the Grind, Duzer & Captain & Clark’s shows on Tripfilms
Favorite travel book(s): The Lost Girls, Guidebooks & maps
Right now I am reading: Ellen’s latest book and a biography of Walt Disney
Five things you bring on a plane: Good headphones, granola bar, giant water, eye mask, notebook & iPad.
What do you always seem to forget: My toothbrush!
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? I don’t usually shop in them and would probably prefer something unique from the destination.
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): foodspotting, tripwolf & Tripfilms new app!
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Having a camera break during a hotel video shoot.
What’s your dream destination: Cape Town, South Africa
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Tripfilms
Best travel tip: Only bring a carry-on and talk to locals for the best tips!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.