Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Lanny Grossman
Occupation: Hospitality/Luxury Lifestyle Publicist
Hometown: Miami, FL
Residence: NY, NY
College: Indiana University
College major: Telecommunications
Short bio: For the past 17 years, Lanny Grossman has specialized in Public Relations, luxury lifestyle marketing and consumer outreach for some of the world’s preeminent hospitality brands. Having spent his career understanding and responding to the wants, needs and attitudes of luxury consumers working for brands such as Small Luxury Hotels of the World, The New York Palace Hotel and famed Tavern on the Green, in 2008, capitalizing on all of his global experience and knowledge, Lanny founded the boutique, full-service Public Relations firm EM50 Communications, now with offices in New York City and Miami. Bringing a multi-prong approach to clients’ needs, EM50 creates integrated marketing strategies to develop and elevate brand profile, increase visibility among target consumers and drive overall business growth. From media outreach to marketing partnerships and corporate branding, Lanny and the EM50 team apply an analytical and goal-oriented approach to creating complete and unique marketing solutions for clients around the world stretching from the ends of the earth in Southern Patagonia, throughout Latin America, across Europe and closer to home in and around New York.
How often do you fly? 60,000 miles per year.
How many countries have you been to? 50
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: Flying first class on PanAm fromMiami to LA with slippers!
Favorite American city: Miami.
Favorite international city: London/Cartagena/Vienna/Buenos Aires.
Least favorite country: Hungary.
I have no desire to go to: Russia.
Friendliest people in the world: Kenyans.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: New Zealand.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Angkor Wat.
Favorite airline: JAL.
Favorite aircraft type: 787.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: BA Flagship @ LHR.
Favorite U.S. airport: LGA.
Favorite international airport: LHR.
Favorite hotel: Chateau Eza in Eze, France.
Favorite travel credit card: Citi Prestige Card.
Favorite island: Fiji.
Favorite beach: Camps Bay.
Favorite National Park: Plitvice, Croatia.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Les Pêcheurs, Cap D’Antibes.
Favorite bar: The Surf Lodge, Montauk.
Favorite fruit: Pluot.
Favorite food: BBQ.
Least favorite food: Anything spicy!
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Vodka soda, cucumber, mint and lime.
Favorite travel movie(s): Planes, Trains & Automobiles.
Favorite travel show(s): Great Hotels with Samantha Brown.
Right now I am reading: Elon Musk bio.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Johnny Jet, CNTraveler, Afar.
5 things you bring on a plane: iPad, Ambien, hand sanitizer, noise-cancelling headphones, chargers.
What do you always seem to forget? Snacks.
What do you like least about travel? People that can’t follow instructions or signs or put their bags in the overhead compartment properly!
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Giant Kit Kat.
Favorite travel app(s): AA, Uber, XE.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Having to get a public bus to pull over to the side of the road in Costa Rica to use the “facilities” (i.e. banana plantation).
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Hawaii.
Worst travel moment: See above.
What’s your dream destination? Maldives.
Favorite travel charity: OneKid OneWorld.
Best travel tip: Pack light and versatile. Try to learn key words in your host country language!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.