Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Laura Davidson
Occupation: Owner, Laura Davidson Public Relations (PR for travel and tourism clients)
Hometown: Originally from Queens/NYC
Residence: Weston, CT
Website: Laura Davidson Public Relations
Twitter: @Laura Davidson
Facebook: Laura Davidson
Short Bio: Laura Davidson is the founder and president of LDPR, a leading New York-based public relations agency that specializes in travel and tourism. She is a recipient of the “Lifetime Achievement Award” from HSMAI (Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International) and her list of clients ranges from the small island of Mustique in the Caribbean, to the country of Scotland, to the worldwide bucket list of luxury tour company Abercrombie & Kent. Her young boys are her favorite travel companions, and they probably know more about airline seat configurations than the average business traveler.
How often do you fly: Once a month
How many countries have you been to: 40+
How many continents have you been to: Six. (dreaming about Antarctica one day!)
Favorite American city: Tied: Boston, NY,Chicago
Favorite international city: Sydney, Australia
Least favorite country: Venezuela (a man was shot in my hotel while I was there at a conference ☹)
Favorite World Heritage Site: Petra in Jordan AMAZING!
Favorite airline: JetBlue
Favorite aircraft type: Any new airbus – still need to fly the A380
Aisle or window: Aisle – I need to move every hour!
Favorite airport lounge: Any one with free WiFi and healthy snacks
Favorite U.S. airport: White Plains – always #1 for takeoff
Favorite international airport: Heathrow – always feel the security is good there
Favorite hotel: Lapa Rios in the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica (it’s not a client so it’s a personal choice)
Favorite cruise line: My four-passenger Canoe at Compo Beach, Westport
Favorite island: Mustique in the Caribbean – I got married on the beach there
Favorite fancy restaurant: The Lamb’s Club in NYC
Favorite hole in the wall: My husband’s barbecue
Favorite fruit: Pineapple from Antigua
Favorite food: Fish n chips in a British pub
Least favorite food: Haggis – sorry Scotland!
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground) WATER
Favorite travel movie(s): Out of Africa
Favorite travel book(s): Traveler’s Tree by Patrick Leigh Fermor (about the Caribbean islands)
Right now I am reading: “The Power of We: Succeeding through Partnerships” by Jonathan Tisch
Five things you bring on a plane: 1 Vanity Fair magazine (perfect for a runway delay); 2 movies on my iPad; 3 bottle of water; 4 almonds; and 5 a sense of humor
What do you always seem to forget: Gifts for my kids on the way home (oh no!)
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Chanel face cleanser
Favorite travel iPAD app(s): FlightTrak; Scrabble; the Weather Channel
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: When I spilled coffee on my client’s suit in business class – bet he was sorry he upgraded me. Eeek!
What’s your dream destination: Taking my kids on safari in Africa
Favorite travel charity: I am an ambassador with Abercrombie & Kent Philanthropy
Best travel tip: Always expect to be delayed and be pleasantly surprised when you are not!
I ADDED: BEST QUOTE: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that’s why they call it the present” -Kung Fu Panda (the movie)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.