Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers on useful resources, favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Liliane Opsomer
Occupation: Deputy Director & Press Officer for Tourist Office for Flanders – Brussels. Co-author of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids and freelance writer.
Hometown: Eupen, Belgium
Residence: Forest Hills, NY
Website: Work in progress
Short Bio: Liliane Opsomer is born in Belgium and lives since 25 years in New York City. She is the co-author of the “Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids”, a guidebook that provides detailed planning and touring tips for a family vacation. Liliane also works for the Tourist Office for Flanders and is passionate about travel, Disney and Hobbits. She is the proud mother of a son who just graduated from Florida State University’s Film School.
How often do you fly: At least once a month
How many countries have you been to: 34
How many continents have you been to: 6 & Cape Horn- the last piece of Terra Firma.
Favorite American city: San Francisco
Favorite international city: Wellington, NZ
Least favorite country: There is no such thing
Favorite World Heritage Site: Petra, Jordan
Favorite airline: American Airlines
Favorite aircraft type: The re-designed Boeing 777-300ER of Air New Zealand
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: British Airlines, London Heathrow
Favorite U.S. airport: Chicago
Favorite international airport: Schiphol, Amsterdam
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons, Sydney
Favorite cruise line: Disney Cruise Line
Favorite island: Molokai’i, Hawaii
Favorite fancy restaurant: Per Se, New York
Favorite hole in the wall: ‘t Dreupelkot in Ghent, Belgium
Favorite fruit: Pineapple
Favorite food: Asian
Least favorite food: Hamburger
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground) Cava
Favorite travel movie(s): If it’s Tuesday it must be Belgium
Favorite travel show(s): Rick Steves Europe
Favorite travel book(s): Lonely Planet
Right now I am reading: Walking with the Anzacs
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: www.travelmole.com
Five things you bring on a plane: Laptop, Book, magazine or newspaper, Cushion, Socks & Pain killers
What do you always seem to forget: Hairbrush and nightdress
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Anything from Swarovski J.
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): www.touringplans.com
Most embarrassing travel moment: Terrified for this long overdue event to happen
Worst travel moment: Being stuck in the airport in Brussels with a group of journalists when airline went bankrupt the day of our scheduled return to New York.
What’s your dream destination: Bora Bora
Favorite travel charity: Funds collected on planes for UNICEF
Best travel tip: Stop and smell the flowers.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.