Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Lisa Niver Rajna and George Rajna
Occupation: George and Lisa are the co-founders of We Said Go Travel and are currently on sabbatical in Asia.
Hometown: We both grew up in Los Angeles, California. George was born at St. John’s hospital in Santa Monica, a native to California.
Residence: Currently on the road in Asia!
Google +: plus.google.com/
Short Bio: Lisa and George Rajna met online in 2007 and started traveling together internationally almost immediately. By 2008, they had quit their jobs, rented their condo and left for a year on the road. After eleven countries, twelve months, losing sixty pounds and getting engaged underwater, they returned to Los Angeles. On July 1, 2012, the next year long adventure began in Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar and now India. Our memoir, Traveling in Sin, is available at Amazon.com.
How often do you fly: For our sabbatical year, we fly as little as possible to save money. We estimate to fly three to four times this year in Asia between certain countries like from Bangkok to Yangon and Bangkok to Kolkata. We recently traveled overland between India and Nepal.
How many countries have you been to: We belong to Traveler’s Century Club and by their count have been to over one hundred countries. A list of all of them will soon be on our site.
How many continents have you been to: We have both been to six continents and hope to see Antarctica together soon! We almost went for our one-year wedding anniversary in 2010 but did not make it there yet. Maybe in 2014!
Favorite American city: Lisa: San Francisco
Favorite international city: George & Lisa: Chiang Mai
Least favorite country: George: Surinam
Favorite World Heritage Site: Lisa: I had waited for years to see the Xi’an Warriors and it is now one of my most favorite places. Our most recent world heritage sites are in India—the Sun Temple at Konark, the stone chariot in Hampi and the caves of Ellora and Ajunta which as usual for world heritage sites are all unforgettable!
George: Angkor Wat, Cambodia is my favorite because of the temples.
Favorite airline: Lisa & George: For Asia, AirAsia—they go everywhere, have great prices and now that we figured out how to use our debit card on their website, it is very simple and fast to use.
Favorite aircraft type: George: 747- I like a big plane.
Aisle or window: Lisa: I love a window to see where we are going and where we have been!
George: Aisle: I like having easy access to get in and out without bothering people.
Favorite hotel: Lisa: Bali Amed in Lipah, Amed, Bali—great views and it includes breakfast across from a sandy snorkeling beach.
Favorite cruise line: Lisa: After years of working onboard for Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean International, and Renaissance Cruises, my favorite is Princess Cruises. I love to stand on the promenade deck and watch the moonlight dance on the waves.
Favorite island: Lisa & George: Ko Lipe, Thailand where we got engaged underwater is my favorite island.
Favorite fruit: George: Mango, and I love it as a shake in Thailand combined with passion fruit.
Favorite food: George: Thai food—Top choice: panang gai
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): George: Vodka Martini
Favorite travel show: “Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations”
Favorite travel book: Anything by James Michener
Right now we are reading: Holy Cow, The White Tiger and Revolution 2020 — all books about India where we have been for the last three months.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines: Afar, National Geographic and Lonely Planet
Favorite travel website: JohnnyJet.com, Lonely Planet, Booking.com and we are fond of www.wesaidgotravel.com
Most embarrassing travel moment: George: attacked by leeches in Nepal
What’s your dream destination: Lisa: Since I met George, we have traveled to several of my dream destinations including Borobudur, Indonesia, Gobi Desert, Mongolia and Sipadan, Borneo. Soon I would like to go to Palau and our final continent, Antarctica.
George: I would add to that an African safari.
Favorite travel charity: Lisa: For my 45th birthday, the travel community with Jewish World Watch gave solar cookers to 49 families! Learn more about this project at http://www.wesaidgotravel.com/we-said-do-good
Best travel tip: Use the “F” word: flexible!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.